Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61352 - 01/14/03 02:43 PM Has the hand ferry been replaced by a bridge?
NancyT Offline
Hello. Saw something in the San Pedro Sun a while ago that said a bridge MIGHT be replacing the ferry by the beginning of 2003. Anyone know what's going on?

#61353 - 01/14/03 05:28 PM Re: Has the hand ferry been replaced by a bridge?
o jackie Offline
There was no bridge there as of January 2nd.

#61354 - 01/14/03 05:49 PM Re: Has the hand ferry been replaced by a bridge?
Ernie B Offline
Nancy, I don't know how old you are, but unless you are under 15, you will probably not live long enough to see a bridge there. smile
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#61355 - 01/14/03 07:32 PM Re: Has the hand ferry been replaced by a bridge?
NancyT Offline
Thanks Jackie. LMAO Im.. I am over 15, and will never have a problem if I never live to see a bridge. Was to AC for the first time last year and loved it just the way it was. Going back this year at the end of March/ beginning of April. Can't wait!!

#61356 - 01/14/03 10:01 PM Re: Has the hand ferry been replaced by a bridge?
Short Offline
I don't like the idea of the bridge, then again, everything takes a little longer in Belize and some projects are never finished; we'll see.
Live and let live

#61357 - 01/15/03 11:13 AM Re: Has the hand ferry been replaced by a bridge?
Debbie Offline
You haven't had the Belize experience until you have manuevered a golf cart onto that hand ferry after a LONG afternoon spent at the Palapa!!!
eek eek eek

#61358 - 01/15/03 12:00 PM Re: Has the hand ferry been replaced by a bridge?
AND.....once you manage to get it on, DO NOT TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE BRAKE! Or so I've been told, certainly NOT from personal experience.

#61359 - 01/15/03 05:17 PM Re: Has the hand ferry been replaced by a bridge?
NancyT Offline
Strictly bikes for me this year.. we had a golf cart last year and got stuck in the mud.. not fun. Lession learned - if one side of the road has puddles and the other just looks muddy, stick to the puddle side and floor it the whole way. Or go directly to Palapa Bar, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

#61360 - 01/15/03 07:03 PM Re: Has the hand ferry been replaced by a bridge?
IslandJunkie Offline
And for real fun across the ferry on a golf cart... try driving one that has a near dead battery! I borrowed a friend's cart that had apparently not been plugged in properly - took my traveling compadres on a little tour of the North side, and by the time we got back to the ferry, there wasn't enough juice to go up the little itty bitty ramp. The ferry workers had to push us up! It was so funny!!!!! We barely made it back to the house, and were laughing & waving as folks on bicycles - and even folks walking - were passing us! What a memory!

#61361 - 01/21/03 11:38 AM Re: Has the hand ferry been replaced by a bridge?
Booberry Offline
Let's hope they NEVER build that bridge! We've travelled to a lot of other places, and that hand ferry is pretty unique and one of our most cherished memories of AC- we are going back for our 4th trip in Feb. The whole place is an experience!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (joekerland, 1 invisible), 38 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,685 Topics
461,184 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.