Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61561 - 01/17/03 02:42 PM snorkeling and ruin trips from AC
Ramia Offline
My husband and I will be in AC the second week of Feb. We woukld like to do some snorkeling and a trip to the ruins. I was shocked and dissapointed to read a recent entry from a visiter from New York that said the guides he used were not very good. Any advise on nice, friendly guides would be much appreciated. Thanks.

#61562 - 01/17/03 03:05 PM Re: snorkeling and ruin trips from AC
Abelizer Offline
We went to Lamanai with Seaduced and Elito. We had a wonderful time. I would definately recommend. If possible, ask for Elito. He made everything intertesting and fun.

#61563 - 01/17/03 03:16 PM Re: snorkeling and ruin trips from AC
Gela Offline
Ramia, a trip to Lamanai with Seduced, or Tanisha tours will be the highlight of your trip. It was by far, the best land tour I've taken so far in my 3 visits to Belize. It is a long day, but well worth the time, energy and money.
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#61564 - 01/17/03 07:27 PM Re: snorkeling and ruin trips from AC
steve the sound man Offline
Hi Ramia

We were in AC over the new year and went on a great trip with Searious Tours that took in a trip to the Manatee area near Belize City then a snorkel stop from a small island with a lunch on the island, back towards Caye Caulker passing a couple of Dolphins then another snorkel stop off Caye Caulker with lots of rays, followed by an hour on Caye Caulker before heading home. A great trip with Willie and Russel two top guides Check them out. At 60 US great value

Steve and Marliyn

#61565 - 01/18/03 12:07 AM Re: snorkeling and ruin trips from AC
o jackie Offline
I am with you Steve, I am have been out with Searious 3 times and each time was better than the last. The Manatee is the best, like he said, you do two snorkel stops, lunch(hopefully Willie makes his awesome brownies) at Geoffs Caye and look for Manatees and Dolphins. I did AltunHa/Maruba twice. That was also very nice. You take a boat to Bomba, a little city, then get on a bus and drive to the ruins, then you stay there for a while, then you go to Maruba Spa and have lunch and either get a massage, horseback ride,lounge by the pool or drink Viper rum.
Willie is the best tour guide, he knows about the sea and the ruins.

Another great trip is the catamaran with Unity Tours, a group of brothers, that is also two snorkel stops, Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley and lunch on Caye Caulker,then you sail back, it is a very relaxing trip.They really know the sea and they are a great group of guys to go with.

You will have a blast with both Searious, no matter what guide you get,but Willies is the best, and with Unity, those guys are great.

Have fun,those are my top three choices:
Searious Adventures-Manatee and AltunHa/Maruba and the catamaran with Unity Tours.

#61566 - 01/18/03 08:11 PM Re: snorkeling and ruin trips from AC
Sandy C Offline
Tanisha and Seaduced. Never met a bad San Pedro guide; sad the other folks did.

#61567 - 01/21/03 11:29 AM Re: snorkeling and ruin trips from AC
Ramia Offline
Thank you all so much for the great information! I cant decide between a trip to Lamani or Altun Ha. Any preferences?

#61568 - 01/21/03 11:58 AM Re: snorkeling and ruin trips from AC
Gela Offline
I would choose Lamanai over Altun Ha. Many more ruins to see.
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#61569 - 01/21/03 01:56 PM Re: snorkeling and ruin trips from AC
Marty Online   happy
I agree with Gela. an all day trip to lamanai is really great, the altun ha trip is shorter and you don't see as much. but if time is limited, altun ha is a good trip too.

#61570 - 01/21/03 02:56 PM Re: snorkeling and ruin trips from AC
TravelinMan Offline
Don't forget that if time is a factor or you are going to the mainland on Tues Wed or Thurs there will be lots of Cruiseship tourists. You can avoid them by doing the half day Lamania trip with tropic. This is a very good trip and you are the first people to arrive at the ruins.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (RedRover, Marty, wade the gringo, 1 invisible), 59 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,684 Topics
461,181 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.