Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mobunny Offline OP
OP Offline
First let me say a heart felt thank you to every one for all the great information provided on this message board. I have learned so much over the last year. The information has been invaluable while planning our trip.

We are visiting for the first time in March and I am incredibly excited. We are staying at Ramon's (beachfront cabana.) We are definately going to take a day trip from San Pedro to Tikal. I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations on when I should book our day trip? I thought I would wait until we arrive on the island, but maybe I need to do it before hand? Also any recommdations on who would be the best company to book the Tikal day trip with. Many thanks. Eight weeks (and counting) to paradise!

B
B
You can book it at the airport in AC, probabaly go thru Bze City, so you can book it there also [
I assume] I recall the price as $200US+/-. There are other less pricey and less spectacualr trips available.

Mobunny,

When will you be in San Pedro during March? We will be at the Seven Seas from March 5th - 15th? We are divers and want to experience the beauty of the seaworld on the reef, the laid back atmosphere, some good food, a little Belizean style nightlife.

--Jude

T
T
Hello,

The Tikal day trip is amazing. It is 280USD through Tropic Air and you can purchase it from any Tropic Agent. The only thing added to that will be your departure taxes from Guatemala and Belize about 53 USD. I recommend the over night trip 300 USD and includes accommodations on Isla Flores, either way both great trips.

Have fun

S
S
I do NOT recommend a day trip to Tikal. You will spend most of your time waiting to get there, getting there, and getting back. The plane is often late, the Guatemalan government not necessarily cooperative, and two or three hours of time actually in Tikal is simply not able to do it justice. If you can't spend at least overnight, my advice is to instead take a day trip to Lamanai, or some other day trip within Belize to see one of the Belizean ruins.
If you do take a two or three day trip to Tikal, do not let them sell you a complete "package" the food at the hotels there is pretty awful and expensive, whereas there are a couple of delightful and inexpensive restaurants right outside the park. The "packages" the travel agents sell are overpriced. You can save on using one of the many vans parked at the airport in Flores waiting for tourists at half the price that the "package" will offer you. Buy your air and hotel room in advance (to make sure you have them) but everything else should be purchased when you get there.)

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
T
T
I personally would NOT recommend a day trip. For the amount of money and time you will spend in transit for one day, I just don't think it's worth it. Two days minimum. It's too spectacular for one day, I think you'll just be frustrated.

N
N
Originally posted by mobunny:
First let me say a heart felt thank you to every one for all the great information provided on this message board. I have learned so much over the last year. The information has been invaluable while planning our trip.

We are visiting for the first time in March and I am incredibly excited. We are staying at Ramon's (beachfront cabana.) We are definately going to take a day trip from San Pedro to Tikal. I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations on when I should book our day trip? I thought I would wait until we arrive on the island, but maybe I need to do it before hand? Also any recommdations on who would be the best company to book the Tikal day trip with. Many thanks. Eight weeks (and counting) to paradise!

N
N
hey mobunny-

did you ever end up taking that day trip to tikal? did you arrange before arrival to sp or at home. we're first timers coming august17th- and planning same thing. who did you book thru. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

mobunny Offline OP
OP Offline
Based on the advice given on this board we did not take the day trip to Tikal. We went to Altun Ha instead with Willie from SEArious. It was a really wonderful day that started at the ruins at Altun Ha and then lunch, swim and an incredible pedicure for me at exotic Maruba Jungle Spa.

We are returning two weeks from today laugh and are going to take the Lamanai tour this time either with Willie from SEArious or the Tropic Air (so we can fly in)

I would love to go to Tikal someday when we can stay overnight. mobunny

mobunny Offline OP
OP Offline
One more thing. You should go to the Tropic Air website if you want to do the day trip to Tikal. Look under Tours. You can book through them when you get to San Pedro. Have a wonderful time!!!

//ambergriscaye.com/tropicair/

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
2 members (dabunk, JayinOhio), 228 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.