Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
What hotels are close enough to the reef that you can kayak out to them to snorkel without hiring a boat?

S
S
If kayaking is your thing, my recommendation is to consider www.slickrock.com

Swimming out to the reef (or kayaking) from anywhere in or even near San Pedro would be dangerous. The dive boats go very very fast
and kayaks are low in the water.
I don't know if there is a resort open right near Mexico Rocks, if so that would be a good place to be close to a good snorkeling reef. The last time I was out there, there was nothing happehing, but maybe something new has been built?

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
S
S
Again, Xanadu.

B
B
You can kayak out from Caribe Island, my wife and I did it and we aren'nt experts. Caribe Island is hard to beat. Free kayak and bike usage, free 3X a day cab to town, and a good pool. Also {used to have...] on-site dive shop. Oh, and Albert makes a deadly rum punch.

Capt Morgans has a couple of kayacks and several reef buoys to tie up to. However, the day we dropped by they were reluctant to charter to non-guests such as us. And the boat traffic at the north end is less dangerous.

There wasn't much boat traffic down at the end by Caribe Island either. Though the reef might be a tad further out from there than it would be from for example, Sundiver.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

T
T
The reef is much closer on the north side of the island then it is on the south end. From Caribe Island is about 1-1.5 miles out. Not that bad just be sure to lay on the Sunscreen. From Captain Morgans going north there are plenty of little coral heads around inside the reef and the reef is only about .5 miles or less away from land. In and around town you must be very careful because of the boat traffic but on either the south end or north end you don't have to worry as much. It is always helpful to tie a bright color on one end of the oar and hold it up when boats are around. Have fun.

when will you be there, I will be traveling solo and have called many of the hotels for the same info. keli

V
V
Hi Bob S and Traveling man...my wife and I are going to Captain Morgans in April and noticed your post about the place. What was your experience there? It sounds great. Whatever you could tell us would be great...thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.