Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#61969 - 01/24/03 11:07 PM rum punch recipe?
landlockedinNoDak Offline
Just got back from our first trip to AC on Wednesday. We had an awesome time, too much fun to bore you guys with. I picked up some authentic Belizian rum and would like to mix up a batch of punch for SuperBowl Sunday. We had a good batch with Searious on our Jaguar Paw Cave Tubing/Belize Zoo trip. Plus, we got the famous brownies. Oliver and all the guys were fantastic. I would highly recommend the trip.

Thanks for any mixing advice.....

smile

#61970 - 01/25/03 01:38 AM Re: rum punch recipe?
GringoWarrior Offline
Where are you landlocked in NoDak? I was born and raised in Fargo and went to school at UND. Going down on the 27th of March ... best rum? and what is the name of that hot sauce everyone uses? Stay warm!

#61971 - 01/25/03 02:52 AM Re: rum punch recipe?
landlockedinNoDak Offline
Born and raised in Minot. Went to NDSU in Fargo. Still in Minot. We bought 1Barrel Rum. Don't know if it's the best, just wanted something that said Belize in big letters. laugh

Don't know about the hot sauce--we were just newbies at our visit last week.

Enjoy your trip

Brad

#61972 - 01/25/03 05:41 AM Re: rum punch recipe?
Dan & Jan Offline
If I remember right the hot sauce is Marie Sharps. We really liked the sauce but didn't buy any because we figured we could buy it back here in Nebraska. WRONG. I am sure that is one purchase we will make this time.

#61973 - 01/25/03 06:35 AM Re: rum punch recipe?
Ms. Coconuts Offline
I'm not sure how they make rum punch in San Pedro (I had to cut myself off after my first night), but here in Austin we just mix some rum with oj and fruit punch. A splash or two of grenadine never hurt anything. And if you really wanted to get things happening, add some ginger ale. Have fun during the game!

#61974 - 03/06/03 12:19 AM Re: rum punch recipe?
NoDak Offline
UND Grad myself, grew up in Minot. Heading down to Belize 3/25. I'd like to see more posts from GringoWarrior or landlockedinNoDak. Trying to learn as much as I can before the trip. Thanks.

#61975 - 03/06/03 04:22 PM Re: rum punch recipe?
Victoria Offline
We loved the hot sauce too, and found that you can buy Marie Sharps on the Internet ... www.hothothot.com ....

#61976 - 03/07/03 12:26 AM Re: rum punch recipe?
GringoWarrior Offline
Hey NoDak - we are at VictoriaHouse from 27th thru 1st. Maybe we could rumpunchit sometime during that stretch. As they say .. Why Not Minot?

#61977 - 03/08/03 04:16 AM Re: rum punch recipe?
NoDak Offline
VictoriaHouse, sorry I'm not sure where that's at. We'll be in Belize on March 25th but traveling around for 5 days. We're at Captain Morgan's, March 30th-April 5th. Which is on North Amberqris Caye. Hope to see a reply and also see you down there.

#61978 - 03/09/03 03:39 AM Re: rum punch recipe?
Ranter Offline
Hello:

Responding to landllockedinNoDAK request for a Rum Punch Recipe.

This is one from England used fairly widely in the Caribbean. 1) Sour 2)Sweet 3) Strong 4) Weak.

1 Oz. Lime juice
2 Oz. Sugar
3 Oz. Rum of your choice
4 Oz. Iced water

Dash of Angostura bitters, slice of lemon for garnish.

Cheers

Brian

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (katzgar, 1 invisible), 33 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,206 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.