Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#61979 - 01/24/03 05:50 PM Help!! Ferry or plane to AC?
Aimless Offline
First I'd like to thank you all for the great advice I have recieved here! Trolling the message board everyday is my new hobby along with dreaming about my first trip to AC!
However, I still have not figured out the best way to get from the airport to the island...I am traveling on a budget (aren't we all!) and I can't seem to find definitive info on what the air options or ferry options are.
From airport to island- whats the best way?

#61980 - 01/24/03 05:55 PM Re: Help!! Ferry or plane to AC?
B_b_f_b Offline
Plane for about $95 US roundtrip. Boat for a lot cheaper, sorry don't know exact price. Plane - quicker obviously, boat - not as quick, but fun.

#61981 - 01/24/03 06:31 PM Re: Help!! Ferry or plane to AC?
Axeman Offline
TAKE THE PLANE!!!! You'll be beat from flying and want to reach heaven as fast as you can.
Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...

#61982 - 01/24/03 06:47 PM Re: Help!! Ferry or plane to AC?
susangg Offline
Fun? Well...its all how you view it.
1. No toilet on board, hour and a half or so ride
2. Not sure if you will get a seat til you get there.
3. Have to take a taxi to Belize City from the airport so factor that in too (time as well as the cost)
4. If it rains you will get wet
5. Hope you are packing light, carry your own bags....

My advice: If every penny counts (starving student, etc.) take the boat. Otherwise, spring for the plane.
Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: susangg@garcia.mpowermail.com

#61983 - 01/24/03 07:35 PM Re: Help!! Ferry or plane to AC?
MamaLiz Offline
You can access Tropic & Maya Island Air from the Homepage here to find the rates and times and to book your flight. Flying from Goldson Intl (BZE) to San Pedro (SPR) will run you about $100 round-trip. Another option is to take a taxi from the international airport to the Municiple airport in Belize City (TZA) and fly to AC from there. The cost from TZE to SPR is about $50pp. The flight is short and the view incredible.

#61984 - 01/24/03 08:09 PM Re: Help!! Ferry or plane to AC?
seashell Offline
If you decide to go the route of the Municipal, factor in the cost of the taxi there and back to the International and unless there is a group of you, it's not a deal.

As for taking the water taxi, sure it's cheaper and if you are just backpacking it and are young, then why not? Keep in mind that if your plane gets in later in the day, you may not be able to take the water taxi until the next day, so what have you saved?
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#61985 - 01/24/03 08:37 PM Re: Help!! Ferry or plane to AC?
nameste Offline
:rolleyes: How late do the water taxis run from
Belize to San Pedro?

I'm coming from San Ignacio to the island and I'd like to take the water taxi just for the experience of seeing the island from the water.

#61986 - 01/24/03 08:38 PM Re: Help!! Ferry or plane to AC?
Pedro1 Offline
Come a few weeks later and bring more money this is not a cheap destination.This way you can fly and not worry about cost

#61987 - 01/24/03 08:55 PM Re: Help!! Ferry or plane to AC?
landlockedinNoDak Offline
we just got back. however uneasy you are about flying, my wife is 3,000 times worse. she was nervous 3 months before we left. having said that-------TAKE THE PLANE! Great views, and only 15 minutes. Can't beat it. We took a boat from the island to the mainland for cave tubing/zoo trip. Was a long trip even going relatively fast over smooth waters. Take the plane. No question. Enjoy!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 28 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.