Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#62150 01/28/03 01:47 AM
OP Offline
Hi from San Diego!

Does anyone have ideas for places to hold a rehearsal dinner for 30 people?

#62151 01/28/03 08:02 AM
O
O
TheWineBrat,

I could suggest El Divino,a new restaurant that is located at Banana Beach Resort.
Email me for more info:
[email protected]

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=005826#000000

#62152 01/28/03 08:32 AM
S
S
Capricorn Restaurant: north of the river cut; wonderful food; small and tropical; right on the beach at the sea with wonderful view; operated by a great couple, Annabel and Clarence; Clarence is the head chef; recommend you contact them and discuss menus and options; you could set up nice evening boat rides or sailing to the restaurant; see Capricorn Resort under "Goods and Services" menu above; we've had reunion dinners there that were excellent with great service; happy trip and dinner!

#62153 01/28/03 10:16 AM
Ahhmm...
Well, there's this one place, where you could have probably the whole place with that number of people, it's very nice and has a great wine list, champagnes, foods everyone can enjoy, either plated or buffet/cocktail party style. The chef is an amazing talent in all repects, but her desserts are truly amazing. It's rated as one of the nicer restaurants around, but of course you would not need to spring for boat rides for 30 people, so you'd have more budget for wine and food, I suppose. Hmmmm...Travellin man, anyone else, what's that place called? Don't they have a website? :rolleyes:

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
#62154 01/28/03 11:56 AM
If you would like an awesome belizean BBQ, (seafood, ribs, chicken, etc.local fare, hearty dinner on the beach) try BC's bar. Charlene the owner does an awesome job and catered a wedding over Thanksgiving and we saw her handy work first hand. Plus they do the famous Sunday BBQ you may have read about on this message board. You can contact her at [email protected]

The food is tasty, plentiful and the price will be reasonable. Tell her Robert and Laura from Colorado sent you . Charlene is the hostess with the mostest and will bend over backwards to make sure you have a great meal and event. Also, Ernie the bartender will make sure your glass is never empty. What more could you ask for?

#62155 01/28/03 01:21 PM
Beachy,

I can't recall for sure, but it seems like the place had a "classic" sort name.

Yah know, it won't hurt much if the owner did a little unabashed self promotion.

#62156 01/28/03 03:35 PM
T
T
Well I don't think there is any question about where I would have my rehearsal dinner. Casa Picasso! Great Food, Amazing atmosphere and good wines. The great thing about Casa Picasso is that they are in town no need to take the ferry across the cut. Their web site is not finished yet but you could check them out at www.78746.com/casapicasso sorry Marty but the web site will be available here in a few days.

Email Chris and he will take good care of you. I also know that for special parties of this size you will have the restaurant and staff all to yourself. Tell Chris the TravelinMan sent you. Maybe I can get a Martini out of the deal. Just “Joshing”

Chris is also very knowledgeable in the Fine Wines...

#62157 01/28/03 08:27 PM
My man Marty just launched my site, and everyone in town is giving me grief for not pluggin myslef more, so check out Casa Picasso's new site by going to the restaurant section of this fine site
thanks Travellin man and everyone who nagged me today,you're all great help to our business.
Chris
=====
marty butting in!!!
here tis:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/casapicasso/

such delights for the taste buds... a real treat...

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
#62158 01/28/03 10:04 PM
OP Offline
You all ROCK!!!! cool
I'm gonna send the info to my soon to be Mother- in-law.

Thanks to everyone and if you're in town April 3rd come grab a drink at Ramon's bar just after sunset- I'll be the one in white! laugh

Monique
aka "The Wine Brat"

#62159 01/29/03 08:07 AM
C
C
Monique,
My humble opinion is that your dinner is about "experience" which includes setting, food and atmosphere. Taking advantage of the tropical setting on the little island is the strength of the memories you will create. I second Capricorn Resort Restaurant as a unique experience. It is open air, on the beach just feet away from the sea, wonderfully decorated, tropically landscaped and set by itself in an uncrowded, unspoiled area. You could probably just buy the place out for that night for your party. The owners are terrific cooks with everything from sandwiches to pasta to crab claws and much more - blending local ingredients with special recipes. They can arrange water transportation for your entire party - the boat ride is a fun part of this special experience. Just my thoughts. You can eat at the other good in-town places and hotel restaurants for other meals during your stay. Best wishes with everything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.