Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
BrianH Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I'm planning a return trip to AC this July. I went last July and stayed at Coconuts, but this time I'd like something with kitchen facilities. I'll be traveling alone. I'm considering Banana Beach and Seven Seas. Both look good to me, but I'm leaning toward Seven Seas mainly because it's a little closer to town and for a week, it's $200 cheaper -- that would go a long way toward snorkeling trips and mainland tours! I've already searched this and other boards and read very positive things about both. Any other opinions? Are there other places with kitchen facilities to consider which are around $100 or less per night? Thanks!

G
G
Hi Brian, I usually travel solo and have stayed at 7 Seas 3 times in my trips down. They have nice little kitchenettes, living rm w/tv and are probably just what you are looking for, especially if price is a consideration. I thought it was a real good price for what I was getting plus there's a pool in the courtyard, staff is great and Papi's is right around the block. They used to have a discount if you book the room yourself via the 'net, don't know if they still do, but I would definitely stay there again.

You can't really do a straight across comparison of the two properties, I wouldn't say.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

A
A
Brian,

We stayed at the seven seas in October and had a decent room. We were on the top floor on the beach, great view. The rooms are a little delapidated, but worked for us. Just a heads up, they will try to get you to purchase a time share, one day we were having dinner (after dark) and someone from the resort just pretty much walked in and started selling us on the timeshare idea. He was nice enough, but if I wanted to hear about time shares, I would approach someone.

The rooms at Banana Beach are really nice and NO TIME SHARE sellers there. They also have basic rooms that have a coffee pot and fridge for a bit cheaper if you'd like. I know the kitchen suites are extremely nice and twice I stayed in one of the beach front ones, but truth is I rarely used the kitchen anyway. I have never stayed at Seven Seas but I can tell you when I was researching where to stay I had narrowed it down to a couple hotels. Banana Beach included. I gladly paid about $200 more for the 8 nights I was going to be there simply because of the responses and treatment I received via email and am glad I did. I don't think you'd be sorry.

Brian, Marty recommends the Paradise Resort. I've almost stayed there twice already. hee hee
The only reason I haven't tried it yet, is because my trip(s) got cancelled or I located an apartment instead. Maybe next time. But I digress, the Paradise Resort (not to be confused with Paradise Villas) has a cabana with a king-size bed and a kitchenette. When quoted to me, it was under $100/night. While I can't speak to the specific unit, this is a great location!

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

B
BrianH Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for your responses! When I was in AC last summer I walked by Banana Beach many times, and it really does look like a nice place. Others I talked to who stayed there agreed. I don't remember seeing Seven Seas, but I know it's on the north end of town, just south of the river. I really don't need anything fancy since I don't spend much time at the resort anyway. I do like the option of preparing simple meals, especially breakfast, in the room, and having a refrigerator for drinks. I thought I read somewhere that Seven Seas gets its water from their own cistern. Is this their only source of water, or are they also on the municipal water system? Can you drink the tap water there? When I stayed at Coconuts I believe you could drink the tap water (I didn't), but they also provided bottled water in the lobby.

M
M
When we stayed at the Seven Seas (Sounds like the same unit as (AZDiamondbacks)they provided us bottled water but we used the tap water for brushing teeth etc. without any problems. Also we were never approched about time shares (unlike Captain Morgans)Everyone we dealt with at the Seven Seas was great. We also felt the location was perfect.

O
O
Brian,
I stayed at Seven Seas on my first trip and I hated it. It was not very nice and I would not care if they gave me the room for free, I would never stay there,again. That is just my opinion.The rooms were gross,the air barely worked in the bedroom and if it did it only had one selection ice cold,the showers had not water pressure,the were working on the building next door which was right next to my window.The only good thing was Papis around the corner. I could go on and on, but dont want to get slammed.

I stayed at Bananas twice and going back in May.The rooms are clean,the staff is the best,the air works great,the pools are clean.

I would double check the prices for the courtyard suite at Bananas with a seven seas room again, from my calculations there is less that a hundred dollar difference for the week.

Jackie

I also agree with Seashell,you cannot even begin to compare the two. Like night and day.

The courtyard/poolview suites for $86/nt or the standard oceanview hotel rooms (with private balcony) for $68/nt at Banana Beach are the best value on the island for the quality you get. Really no comparison anywhere else in this price range. You get what you pay for - especially in Belize! And their new restaurant is "divine." Staff is excellent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.