Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62863 02/12/03 02:07 PM
OP Offline
I am staying at the Mayan Princess, can someone please suggest a good restaurant in the area.

Price is not issue, more concerned with quality.

Living The Dream Every Day!
#62864 02/12/03 02:26 PM
Capt,

Since price isn't the issue, your best bet would be Papi's, just a few steps north on Middle Street. Now if you want to spend a whole lot of money........good luck.

#62865 02/12/03 02:46 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by CHOOCHOO:
Capt,

Since price isn't the issue, your best bet would be Papi's, just a few steps north on Middle Street. Now if you want to spend a whole lot of money........good luck.
ChooChoo thanks for a speedy reply, I should have RESTAURANT(S) plural, as I will be there for six days NEXT WEEK and probably need a few options.

Also, I read the chat boards and people refer to "BC"'s? What is this?

#62866 02/12/03 03:03 PM
It is my understanding that BC's is a very popular beachside drinking establishment with limited, but good, dining options. I've been told that it is just south of the Sunbreeze property and has a thatched roof with open sides. This is one of the busiest establishments of it' s kind in SP, and sooner or later just about everyone passes through (or out).

Time to time there have been rumors (unfounded of course) of my over fondness for BC's and one particular "blue drink" that may be found there. There is possibly a kernel of truth in the allegation, but in the interest of moderation it should be noted that I have never spent more than 6 hours at a time there.

CC

#62867 02/12/03 03:20 PM
S
S
Great local food: Los Cocos restaurant on north end of town, off middle street past Richie's Supermarket; wonderful whole fried snapper and fish fillets for $5-ishUS, shrimp for more $; a short bike ride or walk from the Mayan Princess

If you want to venture further away, a more pricey but great place is Capricorn Resort Restaurant north of the river cut; small, open air, right on the beach; terrific food & owners; they will arrange water transportation for you if you call them (you pay the water taxi); under "Goods & Services" above

Have a great week!

#62868 02/12/03 03:39 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by Sandy C:
Great local food: Los Cocos restaurant on north end of town, off middle street past Richie's Supermarket; wonderful whole fried snapper and fish fillets for $5-ishUS, shrimp for more $; a short bike ride or walk from the Mayan Princess

If you want to venture further away, a more pricey but great place is Capricorn Resort Restaurant north of the river cut; small, open air, right on the beach; terrific food & owners; they will arrange water transportation for you if you call them (you pay the water taxi); under "Goods & Services" above

Have a great week!
Sandy- Thanks again for the info, it's a very big help, Ill let you know how my week went upon my return-

#62869 02/12/03 03:53 PM
Jeff,

You might want to rethink the blue drink. They certainly would not think that you were a newbie, just STUPID. According to Charlene hundreds of people have tried it but the only person other than myself who's ever had more than one is my son. Secret ingredients? Yep. Easy. Equal parts vodka and gin. A dollop of blue curacao and you are off to the races.

#62870 02/12/03 04:03 PM
peek at this thread

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=005755

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.