Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
molly Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All!

I am planning my first trip to AC April 13-20 for my husband and I. We booked the air aleady and are working on where to stay. We have narrowed it down to these two places and would welcome all opinions!!!!

Thanks! Can't wait to see the island - we're expecting 12" of snow tonight frown frown frown I could use someplace warm.....

MP

MP----I havn't stayed at either place but I stayed next door at MataRocks( which we really love)....We visited with folks at BB several times & everyone of them really liked it...I really think you would be happy with either place,but it really boils down to your personal wants & needs...You will have a great time in AC no matter your choice....Good Luck....John wink :

John
S
S
I just came bace from BB last week and cannot say enough good things about it. All the staff were fantastic, the accomodations were great. All in all a real good experience

Very big fan of Caribe Island here. That is our place of choice when we visit.
BUT
Do a search and see what others have to say - there is loads of info on both places and from what I recall - they are both pretty good. Just depends on what your looking for.

O
O
mkprice,

I have not stayed at Caribe Island, but I do stay at Banana Beach smile . It is more than a resort to me, it is like a family. laugh

The staff is the greatest ,the rooms/suites are very clean and nice sized,there are two swimming pools-with very comfortable lounge chairs(a clean beach towel daily),a good size beach area-that is very well maintained cool ,a new restaurant and bar-with excellent food and banana coladas and an onsite travel/tour shoppe.

Jackie

We spent a week at Caribe Island a few weeks ago. It was a blast. The had everything we needed. Nice pool with good restaurant& great palapa Bar. The staff there where fantastic helped us with all our needs. A great time. Thanks again Vicki, Butch & the rest of the staff.

If you look at the websites, you may note that Caribe Island has a number of individual buildings. Banana Beach is (except for the new addition)one big building built in a rectangle around a courtyard pool. The ocean view units are very nice (well, all of the units are nice) but if you end up with a unit that has sliding doors onto the courtyard, you may not be as happy.

On the other hand, BB is closer to town than Caribe Island. But I thought the beach at Caribe Island was fabulous.

It's a hard decision because you will probably be happy which ever you choose, but if you can identify what you are looking for in a place before you get there, it might be easier to help you decide.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

molly Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the replies!!! One more question for those of you who are familiar with BB - how much of a difference is there between the Oceanview suite with king bed and the Courtyard suite with queen bed (besides about $300 smile )

Anybody going to be in AC at the same time?

Thanks all!

Michele

O
O
Michelle,
The ocean front suites have french doors in the living room area to the large private balcony,that faces the ocean. They are also a little larger.
The courtyard suites are a little smaller, with no individual balcony.
my website- check it out

The top picture is the courtyard view the bottom picture is the view from the beach.

Jackie smile

L
L
I have not yet stayed at Caribe Island, but went there and looked around in November. It looks very nice and I would consider it for next time.

Have stayed at BB a couple of times. If you pick BB, it is worth it to spend the extra bucks for an ocean view room (2nd or 3rd floor is best). I really enjoyed the balcony, getting up and having my coffee while looking out at the great view and having an evening cocktail, watching all the stars.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.