Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#63352 - 02/20/03 05:43 PM Kids Foam Party at Barefoot Iguana
Marty Offline
This sure sounds like fun!
From the Ambergris Today

Kids Foam Party at Barefoot Iguana

Clean and Safe Fun at Barefoot Iguana - On Sunday, February 9, 2003, the Barefoot Iguana hosted a spectacular foam party for the kids of San Pedro. Owners Debbie and Robin Sharko and new general manager Jules Escalante decided to do something special for the kids of San Pedro, something that they have never had the opportunity to do.

The foam party consists of a machine the size of a washing machine pumping out suds and blowing them onto the dance floor. The kids all had a blast frolicking in the bubbles. It was a four-hour long bathing extravaganza, and it is truly the cleanest party in town, well supervised and safe. The suds were over three feet high for most of the party, stopping only to refill the pool with more suds and water. There was enough pizza and popcorn to keep all the kids happy, but the specialties of the day were the virgin piña coladas and strawberry daiquiris.

The drinks, mixed with the nightclub atmosphere of disco dancing, gave the children the thrill of knowing what most of their parents did the night before at the adult’s foam party. Of course, the foam the night before was much higher, reaching over 15 feet in height. This is the third time this year that Barefoot Iguana has had these foam parties. The Sharkos and Mr. Escalante felt that since the adults had so much fun playing in the foam then the kids would definitely enjoy it as well. The three have also decided that it would be nice to have some sort of fun event for children at least once a month and will keep the public informed on such upcoming events.

“It is truly a wonderful thing to see all the children enjoying such clean fun,” said Jules Escalante, Manager of Barefoot Iguana. “This is the third time that Barefoot Iguana has had functions for kids. The last two were ‘midget wrestling’ and ‘circus day’. The goal of Barefoot Iguana is to provide special events for children’s enjoyment with a minimal cost to their parents in order to just cover most of the expenses. It is to the benefit of us all when you support these events by sending your children to have fun doing something they will remember for the rest of their lives.”

#63353 - 02/20/03 05:53 PM Re: Kids Foam Party at Barefoot Iguana
toad Offline
kick ass

#63354 - 02/20/03 06:51 PM Re: Kids Foam Party at Barefoot Iguana
Seeking Tarpon Offline
I have always wanted to experience a foam party. We'll be there from 3/29 thru 4/6.....what are the chances of convincing Barefoot Iguana to have another adult foam rally??? Looks like a blast to me!!

#63355 - 02/20/03 07:05 PM Re: Kids Foam Party at Barefoot Iguana
GailM Offline
I was there for a short time....but alas it was just to pick up kids. THEY LOVED IT!

#63356 - 02/21/03 01:25 AM Re: Kids Foam Party at Barefoot Iguana
dbdoberman Offline
I wanna do this! I'm with Tarpon, how about another adult foam party - end of March wink

#63357 - 02/21/03 01:36 AM Re: Kids Foam Party at Barefoot Iguana
klcman Offline
no no no MIDDLE of March

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,671 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.