Dear Members,
This past Saturday was Battery Day. Malcolm Hitchcock, with Fido's, provided the beer and sodas for us to give away for each battery collected. I drove my tractor, and used two of my employees. We were joined by three volunteers: Louis Cappello, Tim Budd, and Dr. Jackson.
It was a hot, long day, but we enjoyed each other's company, and were well-received by townspeople as we drove around picking up batteries and giving away the sodas and beer. We must admit we had a few refreshing drinks along the way.
We collected over 230 batteries, and delivered them to the municipal dock for shipment to the mainland to be recycled by Renco.
I would like to thank the volunteers personally for their effort and support, and Malcolm for providing the giveaway drinks and feeding us lunch.
Our first year is coming to a close, and need more support. For those whom have joined, we thank you. For those who are still watching to see if there are any results, please re-consider joining our effort to continue improving our island. We need your involvement, and if you do not have time to give, at least support us financially.
"Together We Can Make A Difference!"
Tom Vidrine
Ambergris Caye Chamber Commerce