Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#63499 - 02/25/03 07:54 AM Honeymoon help
spooons Offline
Hello!

We will be traveling to AC in late July/early August for our honeymoon and would like any recommendations for lodging. We will be there for 8 nights and are on a budget (nothing fancy, we're both students:) We're interested in a place that is no more than $100/night with easy access to the beach, diving, snorkeling, day trips, etc. We would appreciate any advice! Thanks so much!

#63500 - 02/25/03 01:01 PM Re: Honeymoon help
o jackie Offline
Hello Spooons,
Have you checked into Banana Beach? The have rooms and also courtyard suites for under 100.00 a night. They are located on the south end of the island, they have two swimming pools, an onsite travel tour shoppe-that will help you with your diving and day tours. A brand new restaurant and a highly maintained beach, with an excellent staff.

honeymoon packages

Jackie
jackie@belizeanparadise.com

#63501 - 02/25/03 02:13 PM Re: Honeymoon help
Sandy C Offline
Recommend you also check Caribbean Villas Hotel. All their rooms and suites are beachfront/oceanfront with full sea and reef views. The rooms are under $100 per night; ask for the discount from the posted net price if you book directly with them. CV is popular for honeymooners since it is a small number of accommodations (10 suites/rooms) on 3 acres of land with bird sanctuary and gardens, free bikes, hot tubs, pier with swimming & snorkeling area and great long-time staff. It is quiet due to all the land, no bar or restaurant (but plenty within walking distance) and the resort is a 12-15 minute beach walk from town. CV does not accept commissions from guides or tour companies, so you get objective recommendations and bookings for snorkeling, fishing, diving and tours and in some cases, cheaper prices. I think you'll love the island for honeymoon memories, no matter where you stay. Also recommend Capricorn Resort Restaurant for a wonderful meal in a tropical atmosphere - fun boat ride north of town under the stars with wonderful food in a beach setting - great for a romantic evening. Happy trip and marriage!

#63502 - 02/26/03 10:17 PM Re: Honeymoon help
Abelizer Offline
We spent our Honeymoon at Ramon's Village and stayed in the Honeymoon Suite. Absolutely wonderful. Although, everywhere on AC is wonderful.

#63503 - 03/01/03 05:46 PM Re: Honeymoon help
Bzedoll Offline
Hi,

Coconut's Hotel has recently added a new Honeymoon suites and is now offering a honeymoon package. If you need more info write them at coconuts@btl.net
:p

#63504 - 03/10/03 02:52 AM Re: Honeymoon help
Marie Offline
Great bargains at Paradise Resort Hotel (paradise&btl.net). I'm beginning to sound like their agent, for cryin' out loud. But, I really do love the place. My husband and I just returned from our 8th or 9th trip. We stayed in Villa 3. That's usually about $130. For this you get a football field comfy bed (and a twin spare), a full kitchenette, nice bath, big dining room table, TV, porch and flowers everyday. Also, the nicest staff on earth. If you let them know it is a honeymoon, they will make it special. On Valentine's Day this year, they made a big heart on our bed out of bouganvilla brachts. On my birthday, 2/21 we came home (I think of it as a second home) to find a fruit bowl, tons of flowers (they know I love flowers) and balloons everywhere. I cried. Its a wonderful place. Less expensive are 5b and 6B, no kitchen, but you might beg for a refrigerator. Also, 1A is nice. Take a look at them at their site, Paradise Resort Hotel. Its at the near north end, so a couple minutes walk along the beach to the activity. I think, but am not positive, that you can find rooms as cheap as $75 or $80 there. Trust me, it will make your trip wonderful. They have a nice Palapa bar and restaurant (closes early, but has really great, and economical breakfasts and lunch - say hi to Pina, and beg for chicken and beef pies and fried fish). Tell everyone Marie and John said hi! We're already booked to have good old V3 for next February. Best wishes. Hope you love AC. Oh, and don't miss the coconut shrimp curry and key lime pie at Jambel Jerk, Mexican plate at Mickey's and fried fish, when Pina is out, at Ambergris Delights. Have a great time!

#63505 - 03/10/03 04:32 AM Re: Honeymoon help
seashell Offline
I'll support Marie completely on the budget honeymoon plan.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.