Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#64096 - 03/04/03 04:17 PM Shark Ray Alley
ibirie Offline
Hi. I am kind of bummed out about the recent reviews I have read about the snorkeling Shark Ray Alley. Is it true that there are no nurse sharks at Shark Ray??? We spent our honeymoon on AC in April of 2000 and when we visited SRA we were the only boat there. We saw at least 10 or 15 nurse sharks of various sizes while there. We are returning to AC with a large group of people in a few days and my wife and I have told them about the excellent snorkeling and shark and ray encounters. I guess I should tell everyone that things have changed over the last few years. I don't want anyone upset at me when there are no sharks. I understand that the snorkeling is much better (less crowded) on days when there are no cruise ships in port in BC. Also, we had a great snorkeling trip with Scuba Steve to Mexico Rocks and saw a number of spotted eagle rays up close!!!!. Is there a snorkeling location where eagle rays are seen often??? Any suggestions or tips on other snorkeling locations would be greatly appreciated.

#64097 - 03/04/03 05:45 PM Re: Shark Ray Alley
jims Offline
It seems that the cruise ship people go to Hol Chan and Shark Ray in the morning, so everyone from AC goes in the afternoon. It was mobbed when I was there (afternoon)and I would never go there again unless I was sure that the crowd problem had been solved. For now, it resembles a municipal swimming pool. There were no sharks, but we did have better luck at Caye Caulker's Shark Ray Alley: Only one other boat and there were two sharks that swam right up to the boat and one stayed with us while we snorkeled. It was well worth the additional expense. Good luck!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 62 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,717 Topics
461,256 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.