Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#64116 - 03/05/03 06:21 AM Snorkelling
Birdman Offline
This is our first trip to Mayan Princess. One week. There are 3 kids; girl 8, and 2 boys 13 and 14.

I would like to do some snorkelling with the 5 of us. CAn any body suggest the best option - sounds like some spots are too too busy. I just want the kids to see some amazing stuff and not be turned off by too much tourist commotion.

Should we bring our own gear or is it easy to rent? Would we want to have our own gear for just spending time at the beach or is it really usless unless you are out at the reef ?

I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks - can't wait !

#64117 - 03/05/03 06:40 AM Re: Snorkelling
Chloe Offline
Dannyboy is great for family tours.

Email him:
oh.dannyboy@belizemail.net

He will take you to snorkel at Mexico Rocks up north, then some beach time, and fishing where it is more isolated. He will just take the 5 of you, great family time, with a real family man.

#64118 - 03/05/03 06:01 PM Re: Snorkelling
Big Frank Offline
like to take my own mask so I always have it and so I "Know where it's been" Fins I get down there. the previous was a good post. But if you want some company try the Winnie Estelle.

#64119 - 03/05/03 08:36 PM Re: Snorkelling
MamaLiz Offline
I agree with Mexico Rocks. I haven't been there but I was at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley a couple weeks ago. I think you will have more fun without the crowds. Also, there is a strong current at Hol Chan.
Before you go out though, go to the end of the dock at Ramon's. There are steps leading into the water and a rope that you can hold on to. There is also a wonderful variety of fish. My 10 year old had a baby sargeant major nibble her hand. She thought that was one of the neatest things about our trip.

#64120 - 03/08/03 12:44 AM Re: Snorkelling
nameste Offline
Every time I travel I bring my own gear - you know where it's been and how it's been taken care of and snorkeling stuff just doesn't take up that much room in a suitcase. When you're on an island you don't need much more than your swimsuits and snorkeling stuff anyway

#64121 - 03/08/03 01:59 AM Re: Snorkelling
Islenutt Offline
Is is possible to rent fins for a week at a time rather than just on individual tours? I have my own mask and snorkel but am thinking of not lugging the fins this time.
cool

#64122 - 03/08/03 02:01 AM Re: Snorkelling
toad Offline
you don't need fins anyhow, you get a great workout without them

#64123 - 03/08/03 02:09 AM Re: Snorkelling
Islenutt Offline
That is true Toad - but sometimes going a little faster is necessary. wink

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 40 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,054 Topics
462,289 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.