Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#64235 - 03/06/03 07:01 PM blue hole
ejbpesca Offline
I would like to take a snorkel trip to the blue hole. Any suggestions as to the best deal around? I may be alone due to others in party not diving.

#64236 - 03/06/03 07:06 PM Re: blue hole
o jackie Offline
Try Ambergris Divers.
ambergis divers
Jackie

#64237 - 03/08/03 03:07 PM Re: blue hole
Axeman Offline
If your up to a overnight trip and want to snorkel more than Bluehole....check Offshore Express 2. The Forman's are a fun bunch and the trip is breathtakeing. Several who went on my trip snorkeled and really enjoyed it.

#64238 - 03/08/03 07:09 PM Re: blue hole
toucan Offline
How is the snorkeling at the Blue Hole? I kind of thought it would be more of a dive spot. Could it be compared to something like Hol Chan or Mexico Rocks?

#64239 - 03/08/03 11:08 PM Re: blue hole
Chloe Offline
Doubtful anyone would pay the Blue Hole, trip charge just to snorkel. But, snorkelers could tag along with divers, on the boat, for a fee.

#64240 - 03/09/03 04:18 AM Re: blue hole
seashell Offline
And they do. There have often been a group of snorkellers with us when we went out to dive the Blue Hole. They get dropped off at different spots too when we dive the followup dives.

I've never checked into the snorkeller's price. I can't imagine that it is all that much less expensive because the amount of gas used to get them out there is the same, whether taking divers or snorkellers.

That said, I've had some really nice snorkels during surface intervals, while out at the Atolls.

#64241 - 03/09/03 03:09 PM Re: blue hole
Axeman Offline
I agree, the Blue Hole itself is not the key place.
The other stops are breathtakeing, as is the transit to and from.
The 1000' diameter of the Blue Hole would make a long circuit, plus you might see a shark or two enter or leave...now that would be exciteing!!!

#64242 - 03/09/03 03:13 PM Re: blue hole
o jackie Offline
I was thinking of doing the snorkel to the blue hole. It would probably be a nice boat ride, plenty of sun and taking that chance of seeing a shark or two.
Jackie

#64243 - 03/09/03 11:24 PM Re: blue hole
nameste Offline
It sounds that it would be worthwhile to snorkel at the Blue Hole since I wasn't able to get accredited for diving. Thanks

#64244 - 03/10/03 05:13 AM Re: blue hole
Axeman Offline
Suggest you email Kent@bluehole dive shop..he is a broker for many trips and would know the cost.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.