Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64536 03/11/03 11:14 PM
W
We5play Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I am hoping to take a trip to AC in October, the very beginning of the month. Haven't been able to findout too much about the weather at that time of the year. Can anyone give me any info?I am also traveling with 3 children, ages 9, 11, and 16- any ideas on where to stay with a group that size?

#64537 03/12/03 01:33 AM
GREAT specials at Banana Beach during Sept & Oct. Nice large suites that should house you all. Weather can be rainy at times but this year was not bad for some reason. It is hurricane season in all the caribbean during Oct. It's chancy but I have been there in Oct and gotten no rain so ...you never know.

#64538 03/12/03 07:18 AM
O
O
I agree with Banana Beach, there are two pools, that way the kids could enjoy themselves swimming, there is a new restaurant and the staff is the best. The suites would be perfect for your family, they have a two/three bedroom and a full kitchens and a living room area.
Cannot answer the weather question, never did October.

Jackie

#64539 03/12/03 08:25 AM
S
S
October seems to be manic - beautiful one year and rainy the next - late Sept/Oct/early Nov are considered rainy season by many locals. Sept/Oct are historically the highest risk hurricane months for western Caribbean. Great family place is Xanadu Resort. Really nice condos with great ocean and reef views. Quiet with only 12-15 minute walk to town. Beautiful new pool that is on the beach. Free bikes and kayaks. Happy trip!

#64540 03/12/03 10:31 AM
M
M
Good Morning We5Play,

I love that screen name! If you can hold it back until later in the year, I would. If not, just cross your fingers and come on down!

Re accommodations...as usual, I'm going to suggest the Paradise Resort Hotel. They have a website you can look at. Its the old Ambergris, but very well fitted out. It has a huge, sandy area, right on the water (breakwall instead of beach, but a pier and steps you can use) ringed by thatched roof cabanas. All with fans or air depending on your desires. Especially in the cabanas I've never found it necessary for the air, but I may have been lucky. For your purposes, I would suggest Villa 2 or 3. They are sided by V1 and V4, and doors open into them. Two beds, one huge in V2 and V3, full kitchenette, big glass table, breakfast bar, all your kitchen equipment (admittedly the most awful knife in all of Central America), blender in one, microwave in the other. Nice porch covered in bouganvilla and hibiscus (the whole property is full of flowers - and fresh flowers in the room every day). Big porch table and chairs. We've gone there for years and wouldn't stay anywhere else. Its a real taste of the old Ambergris. It looks like Ramon's but is half the price. No pool, but at the cut there is a new park and great slides and such, in the water, for the kids. Just a few minutes walk North. You're also 3 or 4 minutes walk South to the restaurants of town. They list V2 and V3 at $130, and will give you the extra room at a good discount (no kitchen there). There's a palapa restaurant (with bar) open for breakfast and lunch. Very economical, and quite good. And, the staff has been there forever, and is great. Book early. V2 and V3 are popular. Have a wonderful time. Its a great place for kids.

#64541 03/12/03 10:39 AM
eek

#64542 03/12/03 11:58 PM
W
We5play Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thank you for the help. I will look into changing the travel time. My three kids are in year-round school so their holidays are October, Jan, March and 3 weeks in July. What is a great time to visit?

I will take a look at the hotels. Thank you Marie for your lengthy and detailed reply. It helps a lot!!

How long a trip do most folks take to AC/Belize?
Wondered if 10 days is OK?
Thanks- Mo

#64543 03/13/03 12:08 AM
I agree that Banana Beach would be perfect for your family. Nice suites with fully furnished kitchens if you like. Pools or beach for the kids. As for the weather...yup, it's still hurricane season in October but I don't believe in living my life with what "might" happen, but I understand if you're leary about that. I've been there in November and the weather was fine. It's been my experience during rainy season in the Caribbean it usually means some afternoon or early morning showers that don't last long. I was there in December and I think we got more rain on AC than the whole of the rainy season...but one good thing is that it is still warm. One of the pools at Banana is in the courtyard so you can still sit outside under the "roof" and still see the sky if it rains and there is nothing better than being in the water during the rain. I personally think anytime is a good time to go to AC so I guess that's not much help to you but like I said, if it does rain it's still shorts and swimsuit weather for the most part.

#64544 03/13/03 12:17 AM
W
We5play Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks- I haven't been one to worry about much when traveling. I used to live on Guam and we had typhoons too...didn't stop me from doing anything. Sounds similar, a bit of rain every day but nothing monumental. I am relieved to hear the advice as how it is now October will probably be best. We went to Bali last October, time to try a new place and I really want to go to AC!!! I will see if I can get more info about Banana Beach on the web!
Mo

#64545 03/13/03 01:50 AM
You are more than welcome. Banana Beach has a website www.bananabeach.com There is a photo of the rooms and although it's been awhile since I've looked at it I believe there is also a photo of the courtyard pool area. It's nice to hear someone else is easy going as to the weather. Even though it rained forever in December I had a blast. I believe in making the best of a bad situation. If there is anything else I can answer for you I'd be happy to. Banana Beach is like my home away from home and I love it there. And if worse comes to worse and if you are so inclined they have cable tv in the rooms if the weather is too bad. PS..it is also built to withstand hurricane weather and therefore an extremely safe place to stay if that should happen.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.