Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#64675 - 03/13/03 08:12 PM 48 Hours
cook2 Offline
48 Hours until our first trip to AC and can't stay focused on work at all. I've been reading the board for quite awhile and still have one question, no, make that two.
1. Best restaurants near Belizean Shores are?
2. Are Toad and Pedro real people?
BT

#64676 - 03/13/03 08:24 PM Re: 48 Hours
mountain Larry Offline
Toad's an amphibian.

#64677 - 03/13/03 08:36 PM Re: 48 Hours
Anonymous
Pedro's a rude Brit.

#64678 - 03/13/03 08:41 PM Re: 48 Hours
Sandy C Offline
Capricorn Resort Restaurant - nice beach walk from BS. Pizza at Essene Way - creative pizzas with local food. Happy first trip!

#64679 - 03/13/03 08:47 PM Re: 48 Hours
dbdoberman Offline
Have a great time! smile Don't forget to post a trip report when you return!

Pedro is real enough, I read he is getting married soon. Congrats Peter!

Toad is Toad, he makes me laugh! laugh

#64680 - 03/13/03 09:30 PM Re: 48 Hours
toad Offline
The best two places to eat in SP are Elvi's kitchen for lunch or dinner and Ruby's for breakfast! I crave the stewed chicken from elvi's and the flour tortillas with beans from rubys.....would fly back this minute for these things!!!!!!

toads wife

#64681 - 03/13/03 11:03 PM Re: 48 Hours
Marie Offline
Hi! Have a really great time. Re restaurants, and I'm mentioning them all over the caye, there's so many places to go to. Try as many as you can...that's half the fun.Capricorn is great, but expensive. El Divino's was quite good, expensive but much less than Capricorn. For local places in town, try Mickey's for their Mexican platter. Also, Ambergris Delights has really great fried fish and conch (not the greatest ceviche though). Sweet Basil is good for when you get tired of Belizean food. Perhaps my favorite is Jambel Jerk Pit, right around the corner from Big Daddys. They have awesome coconut curry shrimp or chicken, great specials and without doubt, the best key lime pie I've ever had. Just new and across from Fido's is Lagniappe. Really good gumbo. I've heard Papi's was good, but never got there. Also nice is picking up some cheese, crackers, etc., at Wine De Vine, and making your own meal. Cafe Picasso had nice pasta. There's really a lot of good food on the caye.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Marty, Pokey, 1 invisible), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,376 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.