Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#64780 03/14/03 10:30 PM
OP Offline
I just returned tonight from AC. Had a wonderful time. I did not dive the whole time. The waters were so rough and I am not used to that. I tried going out on Sunday morning and got so sick I was in bed for the rest of the day.
I did enjoy my stay. The way of life there is tremendous. Would love it to be that way in some ways here. Love the sand streets all the little quaint shops and the people are so wonderful.

I ventured in to Coconet at least once if not twice a day to email my daughter. I never did get the mans name that runs the place but he was the nicest person and so friendly and I loved his dog.

Most of the group (18) in all dove almost every day. The last day yesterday (Thursday) some went to the Mayan ruin tour and my partner and I stayed back. My partner dove every day except yesterday. Well there were 9 that went diving thatmorning.

They went out and the sea was very rough more than usual. About 8-10 ft swells. They dove their first dive and was coming back in to get fresh tanks and a wave overtook the boat and the boat filled up with water and then turned over along with everyone on board. Everyone is safe. A lot are badly bruised but no broken bones and everyone is alive to tell the story. They were all very lucky. Things freaky like this happens but you never think it will happen to you or someone you know.

I rented a golf cart one day and really enjoyed driving all the way north then all the way south. Going south I found a quaint little place where the water came up in the middle of two land masses. Some fishing piers around but no one was around at all. We had a wonderful time there. That is all I will say about that:)

The Mayan Princess was an excellent place to stay. Very accomadating and friendly. Very clean and loved the open air of the hotel.
All in all I had a wonderful vacation and recommend the hotel and the dive operators as well.

Oh even though Lobster is not in season, I became one. I am blonde and have very fair skin and even with suntan lotion I burned pretty bad.

We also ate at PaPis and Los Cocos and enjoyed the food and the ambience. Liked the sand floor at Los Cocos. The pork chops were great at PaPis.

More late
smile cool

Brenda
#64781 03/14/03 10:37 PM
Sounds like you enjoyed yourself even though you didn't get to enjoy diving as much as you wanted. Thanks for sharing! I CANNOT WAIT! laugh

#64782 03/14/03 10:44 PM
OP Offline
Thanks

It was my choice not to dive. The first day I was sosick and couldnt dive or anything else. But Sunday I tried to go out to see how I would feel about the water Well I found out quick that I get seasick. After that I tried to go diving a couple more times and just couldnt getin the water. That type of diving is not for me. The sea was just too rough for me. I had to put up with people making fun of me and calling me a wimp and so on and so forth, but oh well, I was comfortable with my decision and still enjoyed myself.

I know I will probably go back again and try the diving as well.
laugh

Brenda
#64783 03/14/03 10:57 PM
Hey Scuba, you were a trooper, by going being sick. Many dives for you another time.

Wow boat overturned, glad everyone is ok, what a story to tell the folks back home.

Dare To Deviate
#64784 03/14/03 11:05 PM
YIKES...I missed that overturned part. Good catch Chloe.
Glad you still had a good trip, even with all the events.
smile

#64785 03/14/03 11:12 PM
OP Offline
The people involved in the boating accident were ready to get back home and just rejuvenate. I cant say I blame them at all. But they were troopers and a reality check it was for all of them. I wanted to stay because of the peacefulness of the island.

Also, I ate at Fidos the first night we got there. The food was excellent but the service was poor. Maybe the lady was new I dont know but would eat again there for the food for sure. Also ate at Big Daddys one night and it was great. Some of the group ate at Lillys and they enjoyed that as well.

The dive operators were great. Some of the group went tothe Blue Hole dive and thought it was the most awesome of all. They talked about the sharks feeding and the formations in the blue hole and also the other two dives they went on that day. A lot of different species of fish.

IT was great and am not looking forward to going to work Monday. smile :rolleyes:

Brenda
#64786 03/14/03 11:19 PM
WORK....hard to do after a nice vacation, especially if you look like a lobster. wink
They will be envious.

#64787 03/14/03 11:29 PM
that boat epidsode is one adventure I am willing to miss. Glad all was ok. SeaShell warned me that it is the windy season, so make sure I take anti-barf pills if it is a choppy day. I am not usually prone to seasickness, but those rollers and swells would probably do it to me.

#64788 03/14/03 11:37 PM
OP Offline
Well DB...I have only been out on a boat in Cozumel before AC and those waters in Cozumel are totally different.

I didnot know if I get seasick or not but did take some sick pills but not long enough before venturing out on the boat. At first after the other divers had entered the water I was fine but the water was rough and well the rest is history.

I will know next time for sure.

Brenda
#64789 03/14/03 11:40 PM
Sometimes the "cut" is fickle...We had a close call with a full boat coming back from diving. Lost an outboard with a following sea...pushed us up and over the coral...Thank god for the experince of the local guy who got us in. He was about 10' in front of a monster wave and used it to push us over with inches to spare...
Kinda like an E ride...

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.