Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
We5play Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Well, I am so jealous as I read about those counting down the days...we are still a long way off from arriving in AC. I know we are traveling during a less desireable time (end of Sept.) but I know we will have a great time. I am travelling with 3 kids, 9,11, and 16. Wanted to know if anyone had rented jet skis? Parasailed? Any other ideas - I know we will go snorkeling, and diving (for myself). Any good ideas? Who do I contact about prices?

Also, I love to collect very authentic items from the placs I visit- I have a huge collection of masks and musical instruments from every place that I have visited. Can I find any of these items in AC? How about on the mainland? What do people buy as remembrances?

Thanks for all the help- MO

Other good options are renting bicycles or kayaks. The parasail operation seemed very popular. Also, heard there was a place that would rent catamarans and give lessons. Might be a fun family thing to do. Boats will take you out fishing and on picnics on remote parts of the island. These are all things to do on AC.

I saw some jet skis on the beach but never saw anyone out with them. There were wind surfers as well, but with the wind, it looked like that required a pretty good level of skill & strength.

nope, no other activities besides diving...... wink
Peek in Goods & Services at the top here. There is a list of all the tour operators and other activities available. I know if'n I was a kid, exploring a deserted island or area (that place up north with the unfinished cabanas would be cool!) with a snorkel on the way, would be heaven. Have a great time. smile

I
I
Parasailing is done from the dock at Fido's.
I think it was about $45 per person and they could take as many as three people up at a time.
I think they also had jet ski rentals at the same dock. I would also definitely look into the cave tubing trip with SEArious Adventures. It was an excellent trip and I can't wait for our boys to get a little older so we can take them. We also booked an all day snorkeling, fishing, & beach BBQ trip through Hustler tours that was a very good time. As far as your collectables, you will have no problem finding carved masks to add to your collection.

I am amazed the no. 1 entertainment package is for you to remember how your kids were made

W
We5play Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Ok Pedro - you lost me?

Yes, there are beautiful masks in Belize. My teenaged son collects them and bought two while there. We bought them on the mainland on the Guatamalan border, but I did see some in some art shops on AC. He found some simple more primitive ones, and then some fancy ones with more color and some lacquer. Both are Mayan in desgin. Both are gorgeous and look so nice on the wall of his room. They do make awesome keepsakes. Happy mask hunting! I did see some unique musical instruments. Drums mostly as I understand there is a native drum school on the mainland. Anyway, there was one that actually had wires and little piano looking things attached. It was fascinating, but a little pricey for me. Never did figure it out.
Debbie

S
S
try a family fishing trip. ramon and servilo offer reef fishing and a b.b.q on the beach. its about $150.00 u.s lots of fun bring snorkel gear, swim, fish and have a ball.

If you contact the Monkey Business Travel Shop at Banana Beach they will give you some ideas and prices.

S
S
Fishing: Ramon or Severo Guerrero, phone 226-2325, 226-2324; great fishermen and fun to spend a day with; they cook a great beach picnic with your catch and will send fillets back with you for restaurant to cook for future meals

Sailing: Geraldo Badillo, 226-2264, fun and serene

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.