Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#64947 - 03/18/03 03:33 AM Hook-up
jimdog Offline
A Ca. term for Get together. Any one going to AC mar.29 through Apr.5th? A group of Six from across the West, diving and playing. All 1st timers to Belize but not to tropical diving.Been reading the boards and getting pumped.

#64948 - 03/18/03 05:20 PM Re: Hook-up
Seeking Tarpon Offline
Jimdog,

I'm quite sure "hook-up" is a nationwide thing. It has a few meanings on the east coast, primarily geared towards "getting a little".

Anyhow, we are a group of 6 people (Boston & Portland), (3 couples) all mid-30's. We are flying down on the 29th, and leaving on the 6th. We are all staying at different resorts. One couple is staying at Mata-Rocks, One at Banyan Bay, and one up north at Playa Blanca.
The couple staying north is flying in a few days earlier, and leaving earlier as well.

One of the couples in our group is getting married while we're there. I'm sure we will be out partying several nights. Just look for the guy with the Jimmy Buffet t-shirt on who smells like fish...that would be me...LOL. We plan on hitting the Sunday BBQ at BC's, and then to the Palapa bar up north for the music....

#64949 - 03/18/03 06:16 PM Re: Hook-up
coloradogirl Offline
Hello, there's 4 of us (2 couples) will be in AC March 30th thru the 4th. We're late 20's (my husband is actually turning 30 in Belize!) and will be staying at Captain Morgan's. We will be hanging out at the palapa drinking lots of belikins and rum punch! hope to see you there. We can't wait to go! We are having a blizzard in Denver and have over 1 FOOT of snow right now, with more to come today and tomorrow. I'm dreaming of sun and fun!

#64950 - 03/18/03 06:51 PM Re: Hook-up
Lizzard Offline
Hi jimdog,
I am one of the travelers with Seeking Tarpon.
We are staying at Playa Blanca, also.
Another boarder, dbdoberman, will be at P.B. the same time, too.
I can tell Gaz's water taxi will be very busy that week as we plan to make frequent trips into town. Maybe we'll be catching a ride with your group at some point...see you there!

#64951 - 03/18/03 07:24 PM Re: Hook-up
RobertE Offline
Coloradogirl - Keep your eyes peeled for a big Denver party this summer down in Parker. There will be more posts soon. How bout this snow? I got a day off from work which is unheard of.

#64952 - 03/18/03 08:37 PM Re: Hook-up
coloradogirl Offline
RobertE-I'm glad your at home, I'm at work but planning on leaving soon, I don't want to be stuck at the office all night! looks like I will be taking tomorrow off if this snow doesn't stop soon! Will keep my eyes peeled for the party in Parker. This will be our first trip to AC and we are so excited, especially after reading this board, i've been reading it daily for months!

#64953 - 03/18/03 08:57 PM Re: Hook-up
CF Offline
Coloradogirl and Robert, we've got almost 2 feet so far in the Boulder mountains. We leave for AC this Friday, hope we can get out of here! Were traveling with our kids but looks like Palapa's eek is the place to party when we have a sitter. Hope to see you there Catherine

#64954 - 03/18/03 10:10 PM Re: Hook-up
denverdan Offline
Hey Robert is Loie home safe and sound too?
HOPE SO!
coloradogirl you stay warm and get home quick, it's gettin nasty out there!
I know we won't be at the Parker "PARTEE" but maybe we'll see each other on the Island next week! We will be at Caribe Island Resort, I "think" wink with two kids in tow, 17 and 14, girls.
How old are your kids Catherine?

#64955 - 03/18/03 10:46 PM Re: Hook-up
CF Offline
Hey DenverDan, we'll be toting 3 boys 10, 7, & 3. I am hoping there will be enough fo them to do so we can have some down time. We're at BanyonBay. To bad my kids were ot older or yours younger so they could hang. See ya there if DIA is open Catherine :p

#64956 - 03/19/03 03:00 AM Re: Hook-up
Scorpion Offline
Hey Catherine,
I tried to post this earlier but our power went out before I could finish. This is Anne, Hope (denverdan) and Dan's eldest daughter. I would love to help you out and watch your kids sometime, although I'm not quite sure when. I am actually doing my Senior Expedition while in Belize so I'll be pretty busy but, I'd love to find the time. My sister Maggie could also help. She's known on all of our vacations as the “Pied Piper” of kids. They just love to follow her around, which makes it pretty easy to find her because all we have to do is follow the trail of kids. (and NO I'm NOT joking) So, feel free to call or stop by. We are staying at Caribe Island and our last name is Walters.
~Anne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (dabunk, 1 invisible), 39 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.