Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#65041 03/20/03 02:15 PM
P
OP Offline
P
My wife and I are planning a trip to Belieze for diving. We don't have a clue where to stay. We were looking at the prices at sunbreeze hotel and was wondering if anyone had any opinions?

#65042 03/20/03 03:05 PM
M
M
I'm a big fan of Sun Breeze. Very good value for the $. I book lots of happy clients into the hotel. Major facelift over the past few years and upgrades will continue. Now has that Mexican hacienda look.

Maya Travel Services
#65043 03/20/03 03:25 PM
D
D
I also recommend the Sunbreeze and for your diving Aqua Dives is right on site.

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
#65044 03/20/03 06:20 PM
Super convenient location for those who want to be in town and dive a lot. Great food, good value and nice management.

#65045 03/20/03 06:43 PM
Sunbreeze is a great choice, for all the above reason, and my favorite.

Dare To Deviate
#65046 03/20/03 11:52 PM
C
C
I was a first timer in January, we stayed at the Sunbreeze and loved it. Very nice staff.
The best thing about the breeze is that it is next door to BC's, best bar an the island.
Enjoy!!! laugh

#65047 03/21/03 02:15 AM
Pryor, why don't you tell the Board what your expectations are? Do you want/need a pool? Have you considered getting a place with a kitchenette? Would you want a place with a more Belizean or tropical flavor? Are you more comfortable with hotels that are like what you are used to staying in at home or do you want to try to get outside your comfort zone? Do you want your acco to have lovely grounds? Do you want a more private beach area? Do you want/need to be near the evening activities? Are you looking for a sense of seclusion for the honeymooner in you? etc. etc.

The Sunbreeze is a nice place, with motel-like rooms that could be anywhere. There are no private balconeys. The hotel is a two story in the shape of a horseshoe, opening to the pool deck and Blue Water Grill restaurant. Nice pool, very good food at the restaurant (service could use some help, pun intended). The beach area is a high traffic area and often somewhat blocked by a beach volleyball court, game in progress. It is located right across the road from the airport. This is not as big a negative as it would seem to be.

As you can see from the above replies, the Sunbreeze has plenty of supporters. It is not my style and so I wouldn't stay there unless I was only staying for a couple of days, then it would be just fine.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#65048 03/21/03 01:06 PM
We'll be staying there (again) for our 4th visit the first week of June. Sure, for more $ you could have a thatched roof, somewhere else. We've enjoyed it everytime and if you're diving you're not living in the room all the time anyway. They have added nice verandas to the rooms and the pool is nice. TV and A/C have always been good as well as the staff. When you de-plane just walk across the street. Can't get any simpler. Aqua Dives is on site or the other shops will pick you up (and drop you off) at their dock. Good place for the $ and you'll have agreat time. ENJOY>>>>>>

#65049 03/21/03 03:21 PM
M
M
I'm with Seashell. What are you looking for? And, no, SunBreeze doesn't work for me either, to commercial, but certainly not a bad place. Had lunch one day in February there, and it was innovative and tasty....also expensive. So, whatever works for you.

#65050 03/21/03 03:38 PM
Geez, if Blue Water Grill at SunBreeze is too pricey, then choose one of the two restuarants just outside the front entrance Cafe Ole and Tropic, then try the restaurants out the beach side, Mango's Ruby's
BC'S Ramon's, in less than one block walk. If you go two blocks out either side, let me think would you find about 12 restaurants.
"commercial" How does that apply to SunBreeze?

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.