Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#65266 - 03/31/03 12:23 PM Need help with some info!
Seaislegal Offline
Hey all.. we are flushing out some excurion ideas for when we get to AC this year and my crew had some questions.

We'd like to do the Manatee / beach BBQ trip. How far are the manatees from AC.. is it a long boat ride and do you get to swim with them at all? For the Beach BBQ lunch, what do they serve (a couple of us don't eat fish). What do folks think of this trip in general and any info is appreciated! Who is the best outfit to go with?

We'd also like to do a catamaran trip to Caye Caulker. The cat we took last year though was one of those with the hammock middle and we didn't like that as the water would splash up between the cushions and with having some pricey camera / camcorders along we weren;t comfortable with that and the fear of dropping stuff through the holes between the cushins into the ocean. Is there a catamaran with a solid middle at all?

If we can't find a cat trip that isn't a hammock one, then is there a ferry to Caye Caulker and where does it run from / price..?

Thanks in advance!

Less than 5 weeks to go!!!!!!
Andrea in Atlanta

Andrea in Atlanta

#65267 - 03/31/03 12:53 PM Re: Need help with some info!
o jackie Offline
I did the manatee with Searious and it was great. The beach BBQ was really not a BBq. It was food that was cooked and brought with us. We had chicken and rice and fruit and of course Willies famous brownies.
No, you cannot swim with the Manatees, I only saw one, but I saw alot of dolphins. Actually this is my favorite trip. Two snorkel stops and the BBQ and just the boat ride. It was fun.
The Catamaran, I did with Unity Tours(Rubio Brothers) and they have a solid bottom middle on cat. The front and rear have the hammock like things. So if you are worried that is who I would go with.

#65268 - 03/31/03 02:06 PM Re: Need help with some info!
mobunny Offline
Hi,just got back from San Pedro on 3/21 and did the manatee trip with Willie from Searious. It was an amazing day!!! We saw dolphin and several manatees. One kept surfacing closer and closer to the boat. It was so cool even though you can't swim with them. They are very shy. We then went over to tiny Goff Caye for our delicious lunch bbq. Pasta salad, curried potatoes, chunky veggie salad, BBQ'd chicken and brownies for dessert and of course all the rum punch, Beliken, soda and water you can drink. (We are vegetarians so there was alot for us to eat) Willie also did a short group snorkel with us there. The thing I found really funny was how crowded Goff Caye was. It was like the Jersey shore in July! There was alot of cruise ship people there and it's not a very big caye. Then we stopped at Caye Caulker for about an hour and then we stopped for another snorkel. This part was GREAT!! I swam with dozens and dozens of manta rays and at least 8-10 nurse sharks. We also got a free Searious t-shirt because we booked directly with Searious. (We did all our tours with them.) If we ever get our website up with our photograph's I'll let you know (hopefully sometime this week.)

#65269 - 03/31/03 03:22 PM Re: Need help with some info!
Seaislegal Offline
Great info.. good for the heads up about the cruise ship crowds!

Anyone know what day the cruise ships come in (i.e., the days to avoid going on any trips like the Manatee one!)

Andrea in Atlanta

#65270 - 03/31/03 03:26 PM Re: Need help with some info!
ibirie Offline
I was told the cruise ships are in port Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays.

#65271 - 03/31/03 07:43 PM Re: Need help with some info!
klcman Offline
yup t-w-t correct.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#65272 - 03/31/03 07:48 PM Re: Need help with some info!
B_b_f_b Offline
How much does the manatee trip cost?

#65273 - 03/31/03 08:37 PM Re: Need help with some info!
o jackie Offline
I think it was 75.00 with Searious when I went,Willies brownies are worth 74.99, laugh . It is my favorite trip.

#65274 - 03/31/03 09:49 PM Re: Need help with some info!
Axeman Offline
Glad to hear the Sharks are still there...

Becky..."men in Tee's" are very expensive in AC I hear....oh..you said MANATEE's...oops laugh laugh
Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...

#65275 - 03/31/03 09:56 PM Re: Need help with some info!
B_b_f_b Offline
I like my men topless thank you very much. Paisano and I have been arguing for years over the fact that he still wears that tshirt with the holes in it. Why tease me like that? eek eek

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,705 Topics
461,224 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.