Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Daylon Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay, one last thing.. I've heard some talk about certain parts of town being more 'dangerous' then others... can anyone comment on this? Something like "don't go to the south side of San Pedro alone after dark" kinda thing?

Is this something I should be overly cautious about? Or do I just trust my common sense?

- - { Never Play Leap Frog With a Unicorn } - -
Geez, Daylon, I go everywhere at all hours, often by myself. I'm not saying that is all that smart though. smile (oh yeah, and I'm rarely on the south side unless you call Playador or Iguana's south side)

Use your common sense. Treat the locals with respect. And if you are getting little warning bells going off in your head, heed them.

Also, if you see a fight break out or about to break out between locals, don't try to intervene or even stay and watch. Get the hell out of there and fast.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

E
E
Hey guys,
My last trip to AC was me and another single guy. 23 years ago! We hung out in B city one night then flew to AC. Not many places to stay back then but the little hotel we found in the middle of town was really cool. The only late night life was with the locals but I'm sure this has all changed with the addition of sooooo many bars etc. to the island. You will like the place and maybe find chicks off on a fancy free vacation to hang with.
I'm going again soon but this time I'll go north away from town and visit SP as an outting. It's a great place no matter how you do it and a world away from our gringoism even though a short hop across the Gulf. You better Belize it.
jb

S
S

M
M
Re Epjapica's comment....Don't go north if you want a social life. If you don't care about that,...fine. And, to tell you the truth, even in Feb/Mar to my mind even the town area was fairly bereft of people. These last two years have been a bit difficult for San Pedro, tourism wise. But, if you just want to hang out, be warm, eat lots of fish and maybe or not, meet some interesting people, you will have a good time. But, don't be disappointed....it's not a huge party place right now.

What the guys need to do is find out what's happening at which places, on which nights and that way, find the party.

For example, Wednesday night is ladies night at Wet Willies. Usually hopping by 11:00. Mondays it's Crazy Canuks at the Playador. The nights that the Punta Boys play at Shark's are generally pretty busy. Jaguar's later on Thursday nights, cuz of Karioke night. The little bar next to Jaguar's can get filled up too. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at Big Daddy's really rock, but it's pretty much an after midnight place. Fido's has live music on the weekends too and it can fill up a bit. Cholo's is a great place to go and have a few and watch some sports or just watch people. Seems to me there was some things happening at Cannibal's too from time to time.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.