Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Daylon Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey everyone... a buddy and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Belize May 14-18th. We both scuba dive (in early 30's) and looking for a little bit of everything I suppose.

Dive one day, deep sea fish one day, Mayan ruins one day?

I was thinking Ambergris Caye as the best place for single types to stay? It looks like they have some nightlife there? (A little harmless admiration of the fauna wouldn't hurt us a bit)

Looks like average prices run around $150 a night, I was thinking maybe Belize Beach Suites at White Sands Cove?

Any tips on where we should stay much much appreciated. I can't wait, the pictures look amazing...

Thanks in advance!

Daylon
[email protected]

- - { Never Play Leap Frog With a Unicorn } - -
As two single guys, if you are looking for a little nightlife, I recommend that you don't stay north of the cut.

I highly recommend that you look for some place much closer to town.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Daylon Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay..I'm an idiot, I'll admit that first off.

"What's the 'cut'?"

You mean stay someplace close to where? Recommendations?

- - { Never Play Leap Frog With a Unicorn } - -
Daylon, you are not an idiot. If you haven't been there, then you don't know and I should have been more clear.

The place that you picked out to stay is on the north side of the island. Even so, it is across the river cut from town. It takes a hand ferry or a water taxi to get that resort (or any other resort north of the cut). The hand ferry stops at 8 pm and water taxi's cost some money and are bit inconvenient anyway.

So I'm just thinking that two single guys that enjoy some nightlife, would want to stay closer to town with more access to same.

I notice that the resort that you picked out is a condotel type. In other words, it has a kitchenette and a sitting area. Do you guys really want that? A pool? You are only staying for a few days right?

Me, I do like a condotel, but if I were only staying a few days, I might not be so concerned about that.

Here's some places in town to look at: Paradise Villas (get one on the beach side not the garden side), AquaMarine Suites, Mayan Princess.

Close to town: The Palms, Ramon's, Sunbreeze, Belizean Reef Suites.

The thing is if you are going to be diving and only for a few days, then check out the dive operator, Amigos del Mar. They run a pretty slick operation, have great boats, good DM's and I have as much fun on their dock as I do diving or hanging out anywhere on the island.

And if you stay close to town, in the evenings you can walk to everything and then easily stumble home.

SeaShell is right on! One more thing to consider - do you want separate beds? (silly question???)
When I brought a group of single people down in 2001 I had a devil of a time finding someplace that had two beds per room. Ended up at Lily's.
This is not an "upscale" place but it is clean, close to everything and right on the beach.
Ask if it's possible to get a beach front 2nd floor room. Beach front for the view and 2nd floor for the breeze and privacy.
Anyone know of any other places that provide two beds for one room? confused

Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
SunBreeze has two beds per room.

Dare To Deviate
I think Banana Beach will retrofit

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
M
M
And, it is a good thing to stay closer to town, for SP itself. The village can use the business. The small places hardly advertise. Nothing wrong with the far north or far south places, if you "vant to be alone" because they are self-contained. But the little ones need us, too. Those little resturants we all find so charming could use our $$'s! And, not to forget, the food is great!

You just showed remarkable restraint, Marie. smile

Good for you. However, this time, I don't think there would be any harm in mentioning the Paradise Resort Hotel (Daylon, not to be confused with Paradise Villas).

The only reason I didn't put it in my list was because I was trying to set them up with properties similar to the one Daylon had first identified.

M
M
Hi Seashell!

I'm cracking up! Trust me, I was dieing to say Paradise Resort Hotel, but even I figured that was a tad too sedate for two single guys!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.