Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65671 04/02/03 06:21 PM
OP Offline
I feel like sharing this because I've been reading this message board for so long, checking it daily, planning our trip to Belize and it was such an enormous help along with the Belize Forum web site. We were going to be in Belize March 25th for 2 weeks. 2 young couples, late 20's from Colorado. 2 days prior to our trip, one of us, our friend Matt died in a car accident. we obviously cancelled our trip, I had my sister call as I and matt's wife were in no shape to call. Every place my sister called to cancel, refunded in full all deposits we had made, no questions asked. I think this speaks to the people of Belize and underscores how honest and friendly the people of Belize are (which I had read over and over again in guide books). I did not expect any hotel to refund our money, or at the very least refund half, not that I cared about the money anyway. I know its difficult, particularly for the smaller hotels, to run a business when clients cancel last minute. That's why I wanted to share this with everyone, and hope they send business thier way. The places we had reservations were: Captain Morgans on AC, Ian Anderson's Caves Branch in Belmopan, Tradewinds in Placencia, and Midas Tropical resort in San Ignacio, as well as Crystal Car rental. Someday we hope to visit Belize, as this was a vacation we all were dreaming about for so long.

#65672 04/02/03 06:46 PM
Coloradogirl,
So sorry to hear about your misfortune. To lose someone so early in life is certainly tragic.

Our condolences to Matt's wife. Please tell her our thoughts and prayers go out to her and their family.

Your friends on the board

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody
#65673 04/02/03 07:07 PM
Sorry for the loss. And, thank you for showing your apprechiation to those various Hotels. I will relay your message to Mariaorfelina at Midas, probably in the next several days.

Gone fishing!!
#65674 04/02/03 07:07 PM
Please accept my deepest sympathy for your sudden tragic loss. I have included a poem that gave me great comfort when my sister past away a few years ago. She died in her sleep at the age of 42. I just returned from San Pedro and know she was there with me in spirit the entire time. She would have loved it there as much as I did. In sympathy, mobunny

When I am gone, release me let me go.

I have so many things to see and do.
You mustn't tire yourself with tears.
Be happy with all the years I gave you my love.
You can only guess how much you gave to me in happiness.

I thank you for the love you each have shown.
But now it's time I travel alone.

If grieve you must, let your grief be comforted by trust;It's only for a while we must part.
Bless the memories within your heart.
I won't be far away, for life goes on.

So, if you need me call and I will come.
Though you can't see or touch me, I'll be near.
If you listen with your heart,
You'll hear my love around you soft and clear.
And when you come this way alone.
I will greet you and say Welcome Home.

Author unknown.

#65675 04/02/03 07:27 PM
OH, how sad. Sorry for your loss.

Dare To Deviate
#65676 04/02/03 07:39 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for your sympathies, its difficult to get thru the loss of a friend at such a young age. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
Bill Thanks for relaying that to Midas, I do want all the resorts to know how much we appreciated their understanding.
MoBunny, what a wonderful poem (although it makes you cry all over again). i will print it and give it to Matt's wife. sorry to hear about your sister as well.

#65677 04/02/03 07:54 PM
If you ever decide to come back -I am sure that we will make sure that your stay will be better than you ever thought possible-please accept our deepest sympathies

#65678 04/03/03 10:47 AM
M
M
Dear Coloradogirl,
Condolences to you and your friends.
From a fellow Coloradan,

#65679 04/03/03 04:03 PM
I am so sorry for your loss...it is so difficult to lose a loved one. My dad died 2 days after I got back from my last trip to Belize and although we weren't that close it's still difficult to deal with. Perhaps when things settle down you can still take your trip in loving memory of Matt and toast him at sunset/sunrise in Belize. I'm sure he will be with you in spirit. My prayers are with you and his family.

#65680 04/03/03 04:27 PM
My deepest sympathies. It is hard to understand why someone so young would be taken from us and in so dreadful a manner too.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.