Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#65717 04/03/03 01:08 PM
S
OP Offline
S
We are planning to go to AC next month- we want very casual, laid back- the type of place you can snorkel all day, throw a t-shirt and flip flops on, and have local food. We also love very hip, chic places that allow you to do this-- with lots of seclusion and privacy. I am leaning toward Mata Chica. I keep hearing that Victoria House is romantic- but it looked a bit formal- I want a "chic shack" Is this my best bet on ac (yes- that private island place looked great- but i'm not a rock star)I also hear portofino is romantic??? Also--- What is the best way to get to san pedro from Belize City Airport?? How much are taxis?/ water taxis?? Any input any of you could give would be greatly appreciated!

suzanne
If you don't need a pool and don't mind the price, then it sounds to me like you've made a good pick.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

M
M
Just about every place on AC is laid back. Chic? I don't think so. As for transportation to AC from Belize City, I wouldn't take a regular taxi the roads to AC are very wet. A water taxi would work, but for $90.00 round trip I would fly. ML

M
M
Fly. Its a long boat ride, not that I mind that -I like boats, but by then you may be tired and just want to get there to kick your shoes off. If you really like casual and laid back, not "Chic", no pool, but right on the water, check out Paradise Resort Hotel. Been going there for years. Its an old style Belizean place, and to my mind, just what Belize is about. They have internet access. It has a huge yard and lots of privacy. I love it.

There is no comparison between Paradise Resort and Mata Chica. They are at opposite ends of the scale.

Marie - No offense, but you insist on pushing Paradise Resort on everyone. Did you not read their parameters (hip, chic, romantic, etc.)?
Please......it is getting annoying.
And I do think Mata Chica would be perfect given what they say they are looking for, upscale but casual.

Also Marie a short 10 minute boat ride is not a long boat ride it misleads people when in reality is just a short 10 minutes North of town.

While town may suit a lot of people up North also has huge advantages that are not often mentioned as most board members prefer town, however it is my prediction that as the years go by North will become more and more desirable to many people especially when its still only a SHORT 10 minute commute into town.

regards

Gaz

Gaz, I think Marie was referring to the original poster's question as to whether or not they should take the water taxi or fly from Belize City to San Pedro. In that case, Marie is correct.

And to the original poster, please ensure that you don't think that it only takes 10 minutes to get from Belize City airport to San Pedro. This is not the case at all.

However, it is not such a long water taxi ride from San Pedro to Mata Chica.

M
M
Thanks Seashell. Yes, I was speaking of the trip from Belize City to San Pedro which is a long boat ride.

Re Paradise, please note, all, that I said to Suzanne, "not chic, no pool." And she did say casual and laid back, which it is. I find it romantic. In the same spirit, if someone asks for the best Italian food on the caye, I will also suggest they try Jambal Jerk, because it is good, too, though certainly not Italian. Not to forget, Ambergris Delights for fried fish. Travel is, after all, about exploring new things.

I will reiterate, it never hurts to give people an idea of different places on the caye. I'm sure the consumers are sensible enough to check it out for themselves.

R
R
cool I have always loved Ramon's Village. Stay in the individual cabins instead of the 4plex's. Much more romantic and private. Great pool & bar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.