Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
booboo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello out there! We're headed from Ambergris Caye first week in July. We're staying at the Sunbreeze, has anybody been there? And how did you like? We're booked for five half day reef fishing trips through the Sunbreeze, what can we expect from the fishing? Are there any decent snorkeling spots that can be accessed from the shore, or are boat trips absolutely neccessary?
How about good eats, and of course the best bar.
Does anybody know if any innoculations are reccommended? Thanks all, BooBoo

boo boo reef fishing wonderful ,snapper jacks,grouper,cuda a great mix of fish ,a good tip to the mate or captian ,is in your best intrest ,they will work hard to give you a great day .keep some fish filet for dinner ,,give the rest to the crew ,or people on staff at your hotel you will make good buddys for life .the only shot I take is at the airport it is a shot of jack and coke to make the trip a good one ,you are in for a real treat .ifyou like reef fishing you are going to fishing heaven I go now each month,love the people and the fishing enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
B
booboo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hey, thanks Jeff! It sounds like you really know the deal down there. We've done alot of fishing in many other islands. The best being in Hopetown, Abaco, Bahamas. When we were there we fished with hand lines and caught many, many, hugh mutton snapper and grouper. So many, we were using the small snapper for bait to catch sharks.
Do you thing Belize can measure up to that? And do you think there's any chance we can go with handllines?

Sunbreeze is great, I have stayed there 4 times.

Snorkel under the pier/dock at Ramon's just south of Sunbreeze. Enrique at AquaDive there at Sunbreeze is a great snorkeling guide for Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley.

Eats, Mangos, Estel's, Caliente's, Reef Restaurant, Cafe Ole, Fido's and many more great places. Bakery go to La Popular Bakery, and ice cream at Mannelly's.

Bar, I am not a bar bar person, therefore I love Fido's for drinks, at a table.

Fishing is great so my guys tell me.

Dare To Deviate
B
booboo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Chloe, Thanks for the info, we'll check it all out!

boo boo the fishing is real good here I fished walkers caye ,the fishing was as good .but the people here have it over the folks in bahamas ,much nicer in san pedro warm wonderful people ,they use spinning tackle 15 to 20 lb test or less if you like ,some times you reel the fish in some times it goes into the reef ,some times it is huge and it is to big to handle ,the locals fish with hand lines ???? they do not own expensive tackel the wind and wheather play a big part in the catch but I always do well .they fish with sardines but you could troll .live bait works for me ,do not worry fishing is great , hope I have helped you can call me at work any time toll free 1 800 231 7447 ask for jeff I am here most of the time when not in belize ,.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Also when you do catch that big one head over to Ambergris Delight restaurant a great little belizean restaurant on Middle street and they will even cook your catch for you at no cost you just have to pay for the trimmings

Also you can get 10% off and a free Panty ripper if you use there coupon at www.[#%!].com

Have a great trip

Gaz

B
booboo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
laugh Thank you all for the info, I just can't wait!! Booboo

You'll have a GREAT TIME. I agree with CHLOE about the Sunbreeze. We'll be staying there for our 4th time 5/31-6/7. You can't ask for a more convenient location. Just walk across the street after you get off the plane. Staff are always nice too. Don't forget to support the local food vendors that cook the "super dogs" (on the gas grills) with all the trimmings, potato salad, beans, etc. They're located by the park. Never done the fishing but I just read a good report on it [Nothing but the truth] on this board. ENJOY...

booboo, re: innoculations

As with anywhere, tetanus, HepA for sure and getting the HepA&B cocktail wouldn't hurt

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.