Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#66271 04/10/03 10:14 PM
jazz Offline OP
OP Offline
It is going to be our first time to AC . I sure love this board, but my wife is getting nervous about the trash and weather.We are going the first of sept. for 2 weeks Hope to see some of you there.Luckily i'm so old i'm just happy to wake up in the morning

bye , jazz

#66272 04/10/03 10:17 PM
S
S
Originally posted by jazz:
It is going to be our first time to AC . I sure love this board, but my wife is getting nervous about the trash and weather.We are going the first of sept. for 2 weeks Hope to see some of you there.Luckily i'm so old i'm just happy to wake up in the morning

bye , jazz

#66273 04/10/03 10:27 PM
don't let the occasional unhappy camper or occasional cloud bring rain to your parade---go---enjoy !

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#66274 04/10/03 10:41 PM
M
M
Please don't worry about the trash. I'm a really peaceable person, and I've even been ready to give a snappy answer to that board (and I can guarantee, here comes one back to me}. You won't have a problem, trust me. The sea grass comes up every day, but most hotels clean it right up. There is some debre that blows on, but they try to keep that up too. Unless you are way south or way north, they keep it under control. And even in both those places, its not dreadful. Jeesch!

Last trip I saw a local guy picking up trash in front of the cemetary, as that is probably not monitored by hotels. I gave him a piece of glass I had just picked up and seriously thanked him. But, it was only one piece of glass, that's all I had to pick up.

This has become a great to-do about a not so big problem. I can't even imagine why it has taken on this magnitude. I kick off my shoes the day I get there, and sure wouldn't be doing that if I had to crawl over trash. Jeesch!

Re the weather, needless to say that's up to nature. My guess, it will be fine. I don't know a darn thing about weather patterns, but apparently it is affected by the weather in the north. As our weather settles down, hopefully there's will. I was there 2/13 to 3/4 and it was 82 - 87 degrees every single day. Blue skies. No humidity. Had some big water roughness, if you dive. The only time it rained was once after we were already in bed. A couple years ago, we got some chilly weather, but we came earlier in the year. Obviously, some people got it this year, but summer is coming on. And, as always in travel, the longer you stay, the better you will get the pleasure of how it is.

On your computer, just check the weather site. That will tell you what the present weather is, snd give you an idea of what it is expected to be. It may rain, but it will probably be 85 degrees. I can live with that. And, please do check good old Lonely Planet, and no I don't work for them, but they will give you the best idea of what you will find.

Not to worry. Just go and have fun. Unless you really love fancy places, you will love Belize. Be advised, it is laid back.

#66275 04/11/03 12:33 AM
M
M
Just an addendum here...It just occurred to me that you will be coming in Hurricane season. There is not a darn thing I know about weather at that time, I only come in our Northern winters, so do ask others. I don't think I'd worry about it, though, if I were you, just go and have fun. There aren't all THAT many hurricanes, but it is something you should discuss between yourselves. Have fun!

#66276 04/11/03 12:40 AM
are you sure you are a counselor? haha!

#66277 04/11/03 12:42 AM
M
M
Yup! Guess it's fairly obvious.

(

#66278 04/11/03 05:58 AM
Keep in mind that when the wind kicks up,,,the trash gets blown all over. It's almost always picked up.
THIS IS A 3RD World Country...most locals work twice as long as we do here...for much less per day. I have the greatest respect for them and their love for the island. They do their best to keep it clean.
Do you rake your yard everyday during the fall leaf season?
The best part about AC for me is that it's not built up with franchise outfits...the people are warm and humble with few bad attitudes. You don't have a crowd following you asking for money...or waiting to get you alone to mug you.
I've always felt safe and relaxed to the max. Few places I've found offer the peace and tranquility of San Pedro.
Enjoy your trip...treat the locals as you would a family member and you will become enchanted.

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
#66279 04/11/03 06:15 AM
Yeah, regardless of the thoughtful input by all, in the final analysis, the entire experience will be interpreted subjectively. 3 days and a wake up.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
#66280 04/11/03 08:52 AM
I was there for 10 days in early Sept. two years ago. I LOVED it. It was wonderful. I didn't notice any trash. The weather was perfect the entire time we were there. We are going back this year the last week in August through Labor Day. When will you be arriving?

No worries, I think a big ado about nothing has been made on the board about the negatives. There are MANY more positives than negatives. If you're a laid back couple, you will have the time of your lives.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.