Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66381 04/11/03 03:13 PM
susano Offline OP
OP Offline
Approximately how much time should I allow between my arrival time in BZE and my reservation on Tropic Air to San Pedro? I know that there are always variables, but what is a good ballpark time estimate? I arrive at 3:04 (supposedly) in BZE and could take a flight at 3:40...but that seems to be cutting it close! The next flight out is at 4:40.

Also...if I make a reservation on Tropic or Mayan Air and my flight is late are they usually cool about just letting me take the next one?

Susan, eager to get to San Pedro!

#66382 04/11/03 03:22 PM
Hi Susano! I just got back, and loved it - have a great time! smile

My reservations were about the same as yours, but customs was being very thorough that day, and everything went slow. I missed the Maya flight I was scheduled for, but did get on the next one. I don't know if that was luck or not.

#66383 04/11/03 03:32 PM
M
M
Hi Susano! Everybody has their comfort levels. Me, I've found getting out of Houston (I come from Ohio) means running like hell, and praying (previously) we weren't snowed in Ohio. Snowed in a couple times, this year included. This year I had to do a mad dash to Continental for their second flight (no luck, already full) then to Taca. Oh well, the joys of travel! Just a hint here....not that you probably will need it this time of year as we are past the snow...but, in the case of a delay, zoom right over to the first low client desk you see of your airline, and ask them how they plan to reschedule you. You should be on the manifest, as they do try to get you out. If not, ask them to put you on. These flights are tightly booked out of Houston and Miami, and if you stand in the line of 50 people, you will very likely spend a night there, because they won't get to you in time to get you out. Just a bit of advice from a former airline employee who has learned to sprint!

Re Belize....given possible delays up North, what works for me is just getting the ticket when we get there. Unlike the big airlines, unless something has changed since March, there is no penalty for that. Tropic and Maya, as I recall, alternate. One on the hour, the other on the half hour, so you can jump and go. And the lines have never been long, to my view, at least. Or, if you want to book ahead, do it, or get a deal from a travel agency, do it. Again, unless something has changed since March, no penalty for a change, so you will be fine if you get there late and have to make a change.

#66384 04/11/03 04:24 PM
I agree with Marie...I missed my reserved flight and switched to Maya from Tropic...no problem.
Enjoy...

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
#66385 04/11/03 04:26 PM
susano - reserve a seat on the 4:40 flight. If you get through customs and can catch the earlier flight - the airlines will gladly accommodate you. Often, if flights are delayed - they wait anyway. It's all very easy and you can pay as you fly (no prepay required).

This is what both Maya and Tropic have repeatedly told me and I never have had a problem.

The short flight is a great way to see the reef - it really gears you up for the island!

Have fun!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#66386 04/11/03 04:37 PM
susano Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone! This board is incredible!! laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.