Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#66537 04/13/03 08:47 PM
H
hoseman Offline OP
OP Offline
H
thinking of staying here in early Sept. I dive, but spouse doesn't. How the beach ? Do they have beach lounge chairs, umbrella's beach towels etc?

#66538 04/14/03 01:36 PM
OK, you've waited long enough. smile

I haven't stayed at Blue Tang since it was Rocks Inn, but I can tell you a few things about it.

The beach in front of Blue Tang is not all that. It has a very small pool though the deck is quite well done for such a small area. The rooms are great.

Considering your situation with your wife not being a diver, you might want to pick another place.

I always really enjoyed staying there when it was Rocks and should you chose to stay there, I recommend trying to prebook the room on the third floor front, southside. It's the best.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#66539 04/15/03 03:15 PM
I think the Blue Tang would be a good choice for a diver + non-diver. It sounds like your wife wants to kick back and relax. They have done a nice job with the pool and deck, and yes there are lounge chairs - I don't remember about umbrellas - but they have nice palm trees.
Right in front is Hustler's Tours who I recommend for scuba diving and snorkeling as well as inland trips.
The nice thing about the location is that it is a very short, beautiful walk in along the beach to any of the night light, safe to walk back when ever, but far enough away to not be noisy (except I understand that Wednesday - Ladies Night can get a little loud).
I've stayed on the 2nd floor and loved it - the most important is to ask for a room facing the reef.
Have fun.
cool

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#66540 04/17/03 10:10 AM
We're staying there in a couple of weeks for a 10-nights. I'll post the conditions when I return.

And yes we have heard that the pool is small - but thats OK with us, it is there to sit around and cool off in. We are divers and will no doubt spend plenty of time in the salt water. Thus after a day of diving we have very little need or want to get back in water, but do want something to get in and cool off occasionally.

We put together a package with Hustler - very convenient.

The Shark

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody
#66541 04/17/03 03:59 PM
I stayed at the Blue Tang back in February and really loved it there. My friend and I are not divers. I enjoyed the pool everyday, and yes, there were umbrellas on the tables by the pool. There is also a little courtyard area next to the pool with benchs and hammucks under shade where you can read, nap or just people watch.

We stayed on the 3rd floor, room 11? I think. We had a deck, a partial view of the water and an interesting view of local life. We thought that was part of the fun. Watching folks get up in the AM... head to school... playing in the yard... that kind of thing.

The staff was very helpful and I liked that they had security on staff at night so it felt safe coming in late night. The walk into town was 2 minutes and it was very quiet. We NEVER had an issue with noise, even on Ladies Night. Beds and pillow were comfy and the room was pretty spacious. The only complaint (which we told the front desk) was that the tub seemed to need some extra support. I tended to sway a bit while showering.

I would stay there again in a second! cool

Enjoy! - Laura

#66542 04/17/03 05:27 PM
M
M
Keep in mind, its right at the end of the dock that leads to Wet Willies, and that is one loud bar!

#66543 04/17/03 05:32 PM
I
I
Have you stayed at the Blue Tang Marie?

#66544 04/17/03 05:44 PM
where are Jane's ziplocks when ya need them????

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#66545 04/17/03 08:22 PM
Very glad to hear it. I always enjoyed my stays there when it was Rocks and now it must be even that much better.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#66546 04/17/03 10:31 PM
M
M
Nope, lived a few buildings down from it, and it was rocking.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.