Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Beachy Offline OP
OP Offline
There's a topic down the page about Black and White bar. This post is in reference to the feeling on this board is that there are only two bars on San Pedro. There are over 100 liquor licenses on the island. Its a shame when I read that people spent the entire visit in the canned-caribbean-tourist-trap and missed out on little places like Black and White. November travellers take note: Black and White is THE garifuna bar and the spot to see drum circles and amazing call and response singing, not performed by a band as much as by the entire crowd at the bar. Punta aside, garifuna is certainly one of Belize's major musical treasures (check out www.stonetreerecords.com) There are lots of gems like Black and White. You're coming to Belize: You're adventurous---you have a Friday's at home... I suggest this: Me and the gang can hit 19 bars in 45 minutes (with a cart) and never go North of Island Supermarket.
While we're on the subject,and since I know I'll get flamed about drinking et al: there's generally a weekend dance at Lion's Den. A dance or musical recital of kids from one of the schools, Drama productions, Catholic mass services, etc. Enjoy!

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
Aaarrgh, sounds just like the kind of place I'd love. So sorry I missed it. Sure wish I'd heard of it before.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

B
B
Hi,

B & W Bar sounds like a fun place. The link provided did not work - could you check it?

Are there any places that have blues or imporomptu music?

What is the dominant local music?

Al

The bar that used to be the Boatyard (I can't remember what it's called now) is a "punta free" zone and the owners there (or at least one of them) has a massive collection of blues.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

O
O
Beachy, that is 2.36 minutes spent at every bar wink . I am guessin you could guzzle!!! smile

Jackie

Jackie it can be done, with one of those springbreaker funnels, with huge tube. Now I am not certain the drinker will survive, 19 beers in 45 minutes.

OH oh, I got it, every other bar stop is to use the facilities, not to buy another beer.... wink

Dare To Deviate
O
O
laugh

C
C
The link incorrectly picked up the ")" at the end. You can correct it in your address bar after selecting it or use this one.

www.stonetreerecords.com

LOL... the spring break tube in one end and a catheter in the other!!! laugh

Good one Debbie.

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.