Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#67084 - 04/22/03 01:42 PM Cave Tubing
travelbum24 Offline
Any suggestions on what company
to use for cave tubing? Any bad trips or
things to watch out for?

#67085 - 04/22/03 01:55 PM Re: Cave Tubing
My personal favorite for Jaguar Paw is Seaduced. Elito is a great guy and makes sure that everyone has a blast.
Just make sure you have hiking shoes for this trip. (I only packed sandles because I thought BZ was a barefoot haven... it is if you are on the Island...)

#67086 - 04/22/03 01:56 PM Re: Cave Tubing
o jackie Offline
Searious Adventures- been on quite a few with them and never a problem. Very knowledgable and extremely fun.

#67087 - 04/22/03 02:10 PM Re: Cave Tubing
ibirie Offline
I also would suggest Searious Adventures. We went cave tubing with them in March and had a blast. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done. As far as shoes go I had no problems in my Teva type sandals. There were no bugs when we went but I hear they can be bad at times so be sure to have some DEET with you. Also be sure and bring a disposable waterproof camera. There are some great photo ops while tubing. You might want to bring some plastic waterproof bags to keep some things dry. Don't rely on zip-lock baggies. I bougt a three pack of small dry bags at the sporting goods store for 9.99 and they worked great. Everyone who used zip-locks ended up with wet stuff. Have a few band-aids with you as well. There were a few scaped knees in our group but nothing major. Have a great time!!! You are gonna love it.

#67088 - 04/22/03 02:13 PM Re: Cave Tubing
texasbug Offline
What exactly do you do on this cave tubing trip??? I have heard pros and cons for this trip?? Too long a day, too cold, too wet??? I am trying to make the best of my first trip there...

#67089 - 04/22/03 02:48 PM Re: Cave Tubing
Seaislegal Offline
We went with Seaduced last April and had a great time. Tevas worked fine for the short hike. We got those waterproof coleman bags from the camping section of Sports Authority and they worked like a charm. There is a large locker that you can lock your dry clothes / Towels and such in while tubing. Definitely take a towel with you. Breakfast was included, fruit and muffins and water/juice from what I recall. Lunch was also included at Jaguar Paw and very tasty. We had asked in advance for beer and rum punch on that trip (as they don't normally have those) which were handy on the bus and boat ride. The Zoo was real neat as that is part of the trip too and we had fun on the boatride back. You can e-mail SeaDuced directly for more info as well. If you also search this board for "cave tubing" you'll get a lot of good posts on the topic also.

Andrea in Atlanta
Andrea in Atlanta

#67090 - 04/22/03 06:31 PM Re: Cave Tubing
klcman Offline
Zip locks do work well, IF you know how to use them.

ya gotta suck the air out, just before you close it up.....draw the zipper up to about 3/4 inch, suck thr air out & pull it shut immediatley. works like a charm.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Philus, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,208 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.