Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#67327 - 04/24/03 10:28 PM Help Turneffe Island Lodge ?'s
Kahealani Offline
We are planning a trip/late honeymoon in May and are looking to stay at the Turneffe island lodge and other island destinations. Only have the web to go by and that can sometimes be misleading. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated. How long is the boat ride, how is the place good and bad. Also, how are the Casitas at the victoria house? Any great suggestions for the last minute trip planner are welcome! Thanks and cannot wait to explore.

#67328 - 04/24/03 10:44 PM Re: Help Turneffe Island Lodge ?'s
SP Daily Offline
Aloha Kahealani! Are you coming to visit from Hawaii? Victoria House reminds me of old Hawaii. You'll love it!

#67329 - 04/24/03 11:39 PM Re: Help Turneffe Island Lodge ?'s
seashell Offline
I love Victoria House.

As for Turneffe info, go up above and enter the search function, there should be a few threads come up.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#67330 - 04/25/03 11:52 AM Re: Help Turneffe Island Lodge ?'s
Kahealani Offline
Thanks so much! We are from Hawaii but living in San Diego, miss island life so much. We cannot wait to visit and I am so happy that the victoria house reminds you of old hawaii. Any other suggestions would be great, thanks again.

#67331 - 04/26/03 02:44 PM Re: Help Turneffe Island Lodge ?'s
Diane Campbell Offline
I have never been in the lodge itself - but have been past it many times in a boat - the place looks absolutely lovely from the water!
The location is amazing - Turneffe Island Lodge is located in one of the most exquisitely beautiful places on earth. I get goose-bumps thinking about it. Snorkel or dive "Hollywood" ........an area around the south where there are huge sponges and fabulous (also huge)soft corals of many colors and types. The fish are abundant - up at Calabash Caye I once saw a school of (no kidding)at least 100 bone-fish in a pool about 20 feet from shore. It looked like the water was boiling with fish. Another time in the same pool some super-size rainbow parrot fish were actually jumping out of the water as if at play ........ Kayak the inner lagoons and look down into the bottom - the array of flower-like "upside-down" jelly fish is amazing. In May-June-July there may be showy purple orchids blooming in some of the "creeks" that run through various mangrove islands. This is nature at her finest. Go-go-go !!!!!!

#67332 - 04/26/03 02:49 PM Re: Help Turneffe Island Lodge ?'s
Diane Campbell Offline
PS - the first post was exclusively about Turneffe Island lodge .........I got carried away on that one -

Now I notice you also want to know about victoria House - The casitas are lovely - I'd rate Victoria House a solid "A+"

#67333 - 04/29/03 06:48 PM Re: Help Turneffe Island Lodge ?'s
Kahealani Offline
Thank you for all the great info with a personal touch! I am even more excited now!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 72 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.