Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67378 - 04/25/03 06:45 PM Hustlers response
ScubaLdy Offline
Some information was posted about Hustler's that I'm sure many of you read. I wrote to Billy & Kristin and advised them to take a look at it. Kristin just wrote to me and said she tried to respond but couldn't (must not be a memember of the board - I'll fix that when I get back). Here's what she wrote to me. You may ask, "Why is she posting it as a new topic?" Because not everyone who read the original may go back and see the follow-up and I think it is important to get the right information out to you all.
Harriette cool

Hi Harriett,
I went into the message board and could not figure out how to send a reply. I confirmed by phone the room River Shark requested took a 30% only deposit and when I went to check on his accommodations and give them his flight times was told he was in room 12. They have 2 people there and I did not follow it up with an a-mail as I had spoken to them over the phone They would not change it even though I tried my best. Jules was down here but it did not help. I apologized profusely and said if he wanted to cancel I would certainly understand & refund his 30% deposit. I found 2 alternatives for him Paradise Villa's and the Aqua Marina Suites. I walked the beach to look at the rooms because I wanted him to be happy. He is now booked into the Paradise Villa Oceanfront in the top of 2. I have not charged him a dime more and even said I would put in a case of beer and coke to chill for their arrival. He is staying for 10 nights and I gave them a great package including diving, Breakfast daily; transfers; pick up; a welcome drink; and a farewell dinner ...I feel he really gave all those people the wrong impression of Hustler and don't know what else I could have done to resolve a situation that was not entirely of my making. You know Harriet that Billy and I really try our best to give the best service we can. I felt very bad. I know when you have your heart set on something it is hard to change, I know once he gets here he will see the accommodations he ended up with are far superior to the one he booked and for the same price....

Hope to see you soon...Also someone put on that board he heard second hand we had the worst safety record...Can you imagine..We knock on wood have not even used the chamber and when the Country or other divers are in trouble and need rescuing they send the helicopter to get our Billy. That was unfounded and highly insulting...Thanks for all your nice comments...We love you girl and miss you..can't wait to see you again..
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#67379 - 04/25/03 07:09 PM Re: Hustlers response
Gela Offline
Hariette - thanks for this update. Sounds like Kristen did everything possible and River Shark has to be very happy.
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#67380 - 04/25/03 08:39 PM Re: Hustlers response
Bobber Offline
As an opinion, we have never had a problem with Hustler, in fact they were always bending to our wishes and we had some really great fun with them.
Billy is a very good divemaster. Also, Paradise Villas, upper 2 has the best view in the whole complex, and a nice second level veranda to watch the sun come up and a great view of the reef. I would probably take that over anything at the Blue Tang.
Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

#67381 - 04/25/03 09:34 PM Re: Hustlers response
Soonergirl Offline
The three times we have been to AC we used Hustler for all of our water excursions - Have had nothing but the BEST of service and the BEST of times - No complaints what so ever

#67382 - 04/26/03 09:44 AM Re: Hustlers response
captjeff Offline
scubaldy I think they did the right thing .it sounds like this person ,is very kind and caring ,I am in the travel cruise end of the business .and ship does happen .most of the time to wonderful people . shark will have a blast .plus he is fishing with me the capt.on mon the 5 of may maybe will fish for his cousins card shark,and loan shark ,???? only kidding hustler sounds like great people they made good ............
Living The Dream Every Day!

#67383 - 04/26/03 09:22 PM Re: Hustlers response
patrick-e Offline
We have also used Hustler for diving, tours and to book accomodations on each of our three visits to SP. We have nothing but compliments for their service and always feel safe with Billy and his staff. Keep up the good work! smile

#67384 - 04/28/03 10:10 AM Re: Hustlers response
River Shark Offline
Just to set the record straight - We have heard nothing but good things about Hustler and their operation.

We stuck with them because it was the right thing to do. I am sure they have done everything in their power to make us happy and have no doubt that will happen.

Someone recently said they leave all of their expectaions in the airport before flying to Belize. We have to live within the premise that things happen that are out of our control.

Hustler has gone the extra mile to make us happy on this one!

The River Shark
"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody

#67385 - 04/28/03 10:18 AM Re: Hustlers response
o jackie Offline
Well glad to hear it and see ya soon!!!!!

Jackie laugh

#67386 - 04/28/03 11:35 AM Re: Hustlers response
seashell Offline
Glad to hear it RS. Have a great time and we look forward to your report upon your return.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#67387 - 04/28/03 02:22 PM Re: Hustlers response
ScubaLdy Offline
River Shark
Thanks for the post. Not everyone comes back with the good news. I know you will be very happy.
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Diver Damon, 1 invisible), 41 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,207 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.