Page 1 of 2 1 2
#67427 04/26/03 08:19 AM
B
Big Al Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi,

Is it July yet? :-)

I am wondering if there is a smoke shop on AC that has a decent cigar collection. I would expect Cubans are available? If there is not, what about at the airport at Belize City?

(NO - I am not bringing Monica L. with me...!!) wink

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to order some Cubans from Cuba or a dealer and have them delivered to AC at your hotel? (Buying Cuban cigars is illegal in the US).

Thanks,
Al :p

#67428 04/26/03 11:10 AM
There is a cigar shop on center street. As I'm not a smoker anymore I can't verify quality, but they seemed to have quite a selection.
Also saw some Cuban cigars for sale in a couple of the Belizian local restaurants.
Hope this helps;
Dan'l

#67429 04/26/03 06:39 PM
S
S
There aer several gift shops along Front street (Barrier Reef Drive). On Pescador Drive there is a smoke shop that had a large variety and OK prices. They had cuban cigars and cigaretts. The cigaretts are interesting. Very flavorful but not many people can inhale them.

Shop around. I'm sure I missed some deals. People carry the craziest things in their stores some times. There is a tiny grocery about in the middle or to the south on Barrier Reef Drive that had the best prices for Marie Sharps hot sauce. A must buy if you like that kind of thing.

Bob

#67430 04/26/03 06:51 PM
I priced out cigars for my brother-in-law. Found them quite pricey in town and so decided I'd pick them up at duty free on my way out of the country. Big mistake!! The dutyfree cigars were almost twice as much. I can't figure that out.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#67431 04/26/03 07:13 PM
SS -

It's quite possible the ones at Duty Free were REAL quality Cubans and the others were lesser quality, or perhaps "Cuban" in name only, being grown from Cuban seed in other locales, eg Honduras, El Salvador - that's quite common.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#67432 04/26/03 09:17 PM
M
M
Seashell-Please define "pricey" in US$ terms.

#67433 04/26/03 09:22 PM
the Sea Turtle and the Rum House have cohiba cubans. The Rum House has a walk in humidor. Both places are adjacent, on block south of Elvi's kitchen on pescador (middle) st. $11 US each. I brought several back, just remove the bands.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
#67434 04/26/03 09:26 PM
Sorry Maya, I can't, partly because I am Canadian. Secondly because I didn't write down all the info. All I can tell you is that I priced boxes of cigars in town and the same at the airport. It struck me that the ones *in town* were the same price or close to the same price after conversion, as to what we would pay here at home. When I returned home without cigars for the brother-in-law and told him how much his selections would have cost, he told me I was quite right not to have purchased them. Again, sorry, that's the best I can offer.

Perhaps the difference is, that we can buy Cubans here at home, as opposed to those boarders that live in the US.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#67435 04/28/03 09:48 AM
B
Big Al Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi,

Thanks for the good info (as usual).

Dogmatic - price ($11) sounds about right for some cubans I have found in Mexico and other places. There are a lot of conterfeits around - are you relatively sure these were the real thing? Also, how were the prices and availability on Central American cigars?

Then Rum House is "cigar friendly" and has a cigar smoking area?

Al

#67436 04/28/03 11:06 AM
The Cohibas are the real deal, and there aren't any smoking restrictions of any kind on the island that I am aware of, although I chose not to fire up in a restaurant situation. Go to the Rum House's humidor, and you may select among cigars produced in other CA countries.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.