Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#67451 - 04/29/03 02:44 PM Basil Jones Replt
ChrisW Offline
I am guessing that you will find that Basil Jones Resort or Adam Chandler never really owned the land and that neither do you. If you are willing to spend some time and money, I would pursue it through Adam Chandler in the U.S.

Maybe like so:
1. Gather as many Basil Jones vistims as you can.

2. Hire a private detective in Palm Beach Florida to find Adam Chandler. Give him all the info on that link I posted earlier and point to the architect of the Basil Jones Resort (also in Palm Beach).

3. File a group lawsuit against Adam Chandler in your home state if possible (because it will be cheaper for you).

4. Get liens on any property or income in his name (likely you will find he doesn't have any and that you have no way to collect)

It is a hard road with little chance for recovering your losses or even covering your expenses. If you attempt it, do it for justice and not for money. Otherwise, you are bound to be disappointed.

Oh, and if you want if/after you find him, you can ask your detective to find out if he has any property. This might help decide if you want to spend the money on the lawsuit.

Been there done that and have the scars to prove it...

Good Luck

Q: I want to know who owns a particular property so I can make them an offer to buy it. I have asked several realtors to check it for me, but nobody has responded. Can you help me?
A: You probably don't realize what you are asking, so here is a picture of the situation. First, checking a title requires work - we don't have an easy computerized system we can just dial up and access. The person checking the title will have to visit the Lands Registry, and be someone allowed to have access to Government files. This costs money, and if it is something you really want done, then you will have to be willing to pay at least $150 US - but it could be more, depending on the complexity of the title search you wish done. In the end, there is no guarantee that the address for this owner will be current. Second, real estate agents the world over make their living by marketing and selling property. What you are asking is for them to insure they are left out of the process, and on top of that you are asking them to take their time away from their paying jobs to do it. If you are serious about buying that land, then hire a competent realtor to represent you and arrange for compensation for their time.

#67452 - 04/29/03 02:49 PM Re: Basil Jones Replt
ChrisW Offline
What is up with deleting the Basil Jones thread? It would be nice if admins left behind explanations for deletions in place of the deleted threads/posts. It is a bit disturbing just to have things disappear...

#67453 - 04/29/03 02:53 PM Re: Basil Jones Replt
lafing Offline
thank you so much for your help........what happened to my original question? do they often delete topics or did i strike a nerve???

question if adam didn't own the land originally would the people who took it over from him own it? belize does allow non nationals to own belizian land???

#67454 - 04/29/03 03:10 PM Re: Basil Jones Replt
ChrisW Offline
I am just speculating at this point, but I imagine that Basil Jones Resorts (Adam) had arranged to buy or lease the land and that when Basil Jones Resorts (Adam) stopped meeting obligations that land ownership "reverted" back to the true owners.

Belize generally has good laws governing land ownership giving foreign land holders equal or similar rights as citizens. There has been some problems in the past with titles as the Belizean record keeping might be a bit disorganized at times. Which is why a good lawyer is needed to try and ensure you are getting good clean title to the land.

I am not sure how good if any are the Belizean laws governing time shares and other similiar types of partial "land" ownership.

There are others who can answer this stuff better than myself. They will likely show up eventually if this thread does not get deleted.

Yes you have hit nerve or possibly it was treehugger...

Oh and the link I posted that got deleted with that other thread:

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (JaHo, 3 invisible), 45 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,705 Topics
461,223 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.