Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#67459 - 04/27/03 02:34 AM any suggestions
zaasp Offline
Hi everyone,
thanks for the previous info, but plans have changed. I will now be looking for accomodation for 6 people, our parents have decided they want to go. We would still like beachfront but less romantic. Both set of parents are pretty thrifty, so we'll need a full kitchen. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

#67460 - 04/27/03 03:28 AM Re: any suggestions
seashell Offline
Banyan Bay or the Palms

#67461 - 04/27/03 03:54 AM Re: any suggestions
seashell Offline
Or maybe you can have both, in-laws and a bit of romance. Ask Victoria House about their house on the southside of the property. It has a wonderful masterbedroom, huge kitchen and eating area, great sitting/entertainment area, nice decks and it's own private pool. There are other bedrooms that can be entered separately from the main part of the house and/or treated as if part of the house. I'm sorry I can't remember what it is called or how many actual bedrooms it has before you start getting into the individual bedrooms that are on the second floor.

#67462 - 04/27/03 04:08 AM Re: any suggestions
Marie Offline
Ok, guys, you all know this is mine!

I have a pet, just want you to know, I am not in the business of selling travel (once was with Pan Am, now not, I just do it for fun), but I really love this place, that's why I've gone there nearly a decade. It's called Paradise Resort Hotel, not the Paradise Villas. It is great old time Belize but completely comfortable, and very peaceful. I think it was the second or third hotel built on the caye. The smaller cabanas have no kitchens, but the best view, particularily the second floor ones. For what you sound like you are looking for, I would suggest you ask them about V2 or V3 from what you said. Still a good view, but not as great. Big room, two beds each, a nice kitchenette, breakfast bar, big dining room table, TV, one has a microwave, the other a blender (blender is good to make liquados - yum! And, roomy porch, palapa restaurant that serves until early evening, and the nicest people ever. That's the best part of why I love it. I cannot tell you how generous they were to my husband and I on Valentine's Day and my birthday this year (room filled with flowers and ballons!. But, they are that way every year! It's a huge yard, no pool, on the water with a break front, so no swimming unless you go off the dock. There are beaches just a few minutes walk away. If you like the fancy condo places, it won't work for you, but if you want the real old Belize ethics and treatment (flowers every day - go to the pharmacy if you need something, etc.), couldn't do better. They are also a short walk, like a minute, to the edge of town. You might contact them at Paradise@btl.net. They also have a web site. As you can tell, I love the place! It's quiet, although you can sometimes get some noise, from Wet Willies, three properties down when they crank it up. It sounds perfect for what you are looking for. Let me know. Hope it works for you. Certainly does work for us!

#67463 - 04/27/03 04:09 AM Re: any suggestions
MisplacedTexan Offline
FYI, we're in a similar situation, and have reserved Casa Caracol (3 bedroom, 2 bath house on the beach) for our stay. We sent out a bunch of inquiries, and they were our top choice. Second runner-up for us was Belizean Reef for 3 bedroom, 2 bath accomodations. Both spots can be found on the "lodging" section of this site.

This will be our first trip to AC, but both places have favorable mention in various locations on this site.

Have a great trip!

#67464 - 04/27/03 04:17 AM Re: any suggestions
Marie Offline
Forgot to mention rates...high season is $130 for V2 or V3 (that means villa since I didn't mention it before, it's probably a lot less now. And, you are not in the same house...this is usually good. As in all places of Belize, if there is a bunch of you, they will, I am sure, cut you a deal. Just want to say here again, I have no personal gain here. I just have known so many people who literally cried when they left this gentle place, that I want to share it.

#67465 - 04/27/03 05:22 AM Re: any suggestions
dbdoberman Offline
:rolleyes:

#67466 - 04/27/03 05:25 AM Re: any suggestions
klcman Offline
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#67467 - 04/27/03 05:35 AM Re: any suggestions
SP Daily Offline
You should know that this place is directly across the road from the power station with some very noisy diesel generators roaring away 24 hours a day.

#67468 - 04/27/03 05:41 AM Re: any suggestions
Islenutt Offline
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Diver Damon, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,212 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.