Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6766 10/04/00 09:03 PM
OP Offline
i heard from someone here in the states who knows first handed that san pedro town is totally wiped out. not to say it can't come back... but most things are wasted, especially buildings and trees and infrastructure. wondering if we'll get an accurrate report from anyone, i know tourism is king here, but we're all adults and we need to knwo what's up. we live there too. many people will have to regroup and start over for sure, but so be it. let's just start reporting the truth now, and get it over with. peace, and thank you to all who are living the situation up front, like my hubby and our babies.

C
C
went there today-lagoon side is wasted but town side is a mess but can be cleaned up

Chuck E.
H
H
Until we get more pictures and video, we'll keep getting conflicting reports like these. Any photos of Ambergris Caye post-storm yet? What about the other islands? I've seen a couple from the mainland that showed people walking in water up to their chests!

OK HERE'S SOME //AmbergrisCaye.com/pics.html

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-04-2000).]

C
C
I live at 13.5 mile northern highway and trust me the water in belize city is gone-some flooding on northern highway on way out here but not too bad-just hope the river does not rise again.
As far as San Pedro goes,I saw it today-lagoon side demolished but sea side will recover quickly.only saw from belize yacht club to downtown to boatyard then got back on plane and came back to municipal.
The reason I flew to San Pedro was to check yacht club for damages as I have a wedding scheduled for oct 21.

Chuck E.
J
J
Thanks to Andrea for finding the site below. It has a photo of San Pedro.
http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=Belize&c=news_photos&n=20

K
K
Chuck..if yer still 'round... the person that is renting his condo to my folks contacted me. He doesn't have any information yet..but will certainly get back to me. I'm sure by now my parents have been bombarded with messages. I hope i've nagged them enough to call! ;-)

sssoooo..what do you want for a wedding gift..from Canada?

A
A
Kathy, glad to see you made it back online tonight, unfortunately I have to get to bed.
Can you send me Chris's email. I just sent one to you, wasn't sure if you were coming back.

Good Nite Everyone.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 343 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.