Print Thread
#67702 05/01/03 04:21 PM
N
newport Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Any comments on the Mata Chica hotel?

#67703 05/02/03 08:14 AM
First... Which Newport? I just moved out of Newport, RI.

Now... to your question, Mata Chica is wonderful. Very private, top of the line... but you pay for it. If you are a romantic couple who wants privacy, you'll love it. If you expect to get into town alot, anywhere north on the island may get frustrating.

What is your criteria? What are you looking for in a hotel?

#67704 05/02/03 12:51 PM
N
newport Offline OP
OP Offline
N
The other coast - Newport Beach, CA. Looking for a romantic place for our anniversery. From their web page it looks like they have boat service into town, is that right? Have you stayed there?

#67705 05/02/03 01:03 PM
S
S
The only thing I know is that they don't return e-mails! So I booked somewhere else! Hope you have better luck!

suzanne
#67706 05/02/03 01:32 PM
S
S
Recommend you check Cayo Espanto also, if you decide not to stay at Mata Chica.

#67707 05/02/03 02:45 PM
Mata Chica does not have a pool if that is important to you. The units are cute as heck.

And sure they have a boat service but what if you want to stay out late in town one or two evenings?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#67708 05/02/03 03:20 PM
G
G
You might want to check out the Playa Blanca Island Villa just a few hundred feet north of Mata Chica. They have a boat with fishing guide included when you rent the villa. Our family was able to snorkel and fish using their gear at no extra charge as often as we wanted to go. It's perfect for your anniversary. It's private setting is very romantic!

When you don't feel like cooking Mata Chica is just a few minutes stroll down the beach. Mata Chica is a cute resort with little cabanas and a beach bar. There are several really nice restaurants within walking distance of Playa Blanca Island Villa.

We stayed at Playa Blanca Island Villa the first time for our 33rd anniversary and then returned with our family the following year. Send an email to Denise at [email protected] and ask her to send you the CD loaded with over 100 photos...it's much better than their website playablanca.biz

Where ever you decide to stay I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Belize. Happy Anniversary!

#67709 05/06/03 02:58 PM
I never stayed at Mata Chica... but their restaurant is my favorite and I've spoken to many guests there. The north end is definitely more quiet and private for those who want that, and there are enough options now up North for those who don't want to head south into town to have some variety within walking and golf carting distance.

Do check out the topics on this board though to get the pro's and con's. In particular, find out when the last boat back North is and see if this fits your needs.

Bottom line... do your homework... ask all your questions here. What's important to you? Privacy? Restaurants? Location? Side Trips? Noise? Price? Pool? AC? Night life? Amenities? It's hard to go wrong as long as you are specific on your priorities.

Enjoy your anniversary! (What number will this be??) wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.