Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#68228 05/12/03 07:44 AM
D
D6pack Offline OP
OP Offline
D
How much overtime can I work? and When can we get back to AC? confused These are the two questions I'm left with upon returning home. My wife rushed me to the hospital last night for Belikin withdrawal - the Doc said I was a quart low. eek This message board proved to be a great asset during our time in AC. We met many great people: laugh Capt Jeff, Clarissa, Gene, Rich and Debbie, Tom and Lynette, Jackie, Becky, Mr & Mrs Chucklebutt, and even Pedro and Charlie (the dog). By the by, Gene and River shark I hope your Blue Hole trip went off without a hitch. These are just a few of the wonderful people we met, but a Belikin induced haze may have made me forget a few other names.
Some top picks, as a fan of eating - Elvie's kitchen cannot be missed, excellent food, unique atmosphere and the best key lime pie in AC. (And I tried quite a few). Estelle's was great and so cheap. Rubie's also great. Capricorn was good, if not a little overpriced. Sweet Basil another great place. And whenever we make it back to AC we will definitely be at BC's for the Sunday BBQ. I only wish they'd had the BBQ there every day of the week. Lagniappe was also a great dinner - Great food and company.
Despite the high winds, power outage and unfavorable seas, I was able to achieve my PADI open water certification while in AC and cannot wait to get back for more exploring. So, if anybody has a hot tip on a horse or better yet the winning lottery numbers, please feel free to share that info so we can start booking a return trip. For all upcoming travelers have a cold Belikin for me.... or two... or three... or four...... :p

In the winter the midwestern hospitals beg for people ! My wife and myself are Resp. Ther., we get asked every moment in the winter to work any shift. So, you had a great time down there on the "isla bonita" ! Welcome back to the staes. i am originally from the Franklin Park, Ill., but I left many moons ago. If you get really desperate, go down to the lake, it almost looks like a sea..........unfortunately, they don't have alot of palm trees near the Field's Museum dude ! Yeah mon..Mel S.

Mel Sinderman
D6pack, you do know how to enjoy Ambergris.

Hope you get the winning lottery numbers soon, I could share the numbers I play, but so far they have not won for me.

Like Mel said, go to the lake. Then to the Shedd Aquarium if you want to see all you favorite fishs, that you are longing to say hi to.

Dare To Deviate
D
D6pack Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Chloe and Mel,
Thanks for the advice. OK let me see.....Lakefront - check
Shedd Aquarium - check
Warm weather - getting there, check
Belikin - Uh Oh!!!
eek Breakfast on the beach for $4.00 US - Big Uh Oh!
confused I guess I'll have to keep checking. smile

D6pack, right.

I spent 21 yrs in the Chicago area.

Warm weather maybe more difficult to find, than the Belikin and $4.00 breakfast. wink

Dare To Deviate
d6pack good report had a great time with you and your wife .your fun people as well as the rest in the group ,everyone is very special to the capt ,.my stress test went well ,thank god .will do my fishing and resturant report tomorrow .keep in touch love you guys

Living The Dream Every Day!
E
E
Hey David, couldn't agree with you more. Sure was nice meeting everyone. Since you asked, Richard and I did dive the Blue Hole and it was absolutly incredible, the boat ride out was an adventure too. Now that you're legal, get some practice and see for yourself.

Say hi to Rachael (spelling?) for me.

Gene

BLUE HOLE?
Did I say Over-Rated?
Did I say Over-Priced?
Did I say No-Way?

This was the best dive of my life. Gene said it was surreal, like being in space, and he was right.
The 3-hour boat ride in 10-12' swells was just the tip of the iceberg. Diving 138' in the deep blue, 40' stalagtites hanging down to swim thru - Then there were the sharks hovering below us 30' or so. When we went up so did they - at 25' the captain started throwing chunks of fish over to them - Totally Awesome!!!
This is BEST DIVE EVER - Just my opinion - but but I could be right.

The Shark

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody
D
D6pack Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Shark,
Sounds awesome. I'm glad you guys were able to make it out that day. It seemed to have gotten choppy again. When I make it back to AC I'll have to see if I'm ready for the Blue Hole. I'm also looking forward to some of those recipes. It's warming up to prime grilling season here in the Windy City. cool

It was really nice to meet you. Glad you had a great time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.