Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JSF Offline OP
OP Offline
The hubby and I are planning on going end of Oct. or beginning of Nov. What have your experiences with the weather been at those times? confused Thanks for all the input from my last post about Mata Rocks, that is where we decided to stay.

I tend to think that is the BEST time to go. That is our standard travelling dates every year and so far had no problems.

Great weather, no problems.

Hurricane Mitch was in late October 1999.
Hurricane Keith was in mid October 2000.
Hurricane Iris was early October 2001.
October 2002 was mostly gorgeous weather, but Hurricane Lilly lurked off the coast in late September.

So......... if you can push your trip into November your odds for nice weather might be "historically" better.

We always go at this time, Halloween is grand.
We have always come in after those hurricanes, (not trying to), but we love the celebrations there at that time. (Lucky I guess), but we have helped in relief efforts and fund raisers during the low point on the island!!
It is one of the best times to go!!! Not too much traffic!!! Right before high season and right after Low season!!! GO GO GO!!!
WE always stay at the Holiday, but you need to check out Coconuts, just remolded!! Looks grand!!
Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Rick wink

Hurrican mitch October 26 - Nov 4 1998. I got married on Halloween that year. Can never forget that.

I think 1999 was a no storm year. Of course the one year I didn't go. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/reports/mitch/mitch.html

I've been to Belize many times and I've always found the best time to go is in November. The weather is great. Most of the hurricanes have hit in October... it's not as hot as the summer months and not as expensive as the winter months.

November is still considered the "green" season for rates... meaning you'll get the best rates.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.