Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#68369 - 05/14/03 05:32 PM Hotel
chrissy1980 Offline
Hi everybody!

I am from Austria and I plan to got to Belize next yr. Can anybody tell me, where are good, clean and cheap hotels in AC? And how much you paid for a night per person?

Christina
christina19800724@hotmail.com

#68370 - 05/14/03 06:04 PM Re: Hotel
Marie Offline
I'm fond of Paradise Resort Hotel (not the Villas, that's a different property, but very nice, too). It has a huge property, lots of flowers and palm trees, very comfortable rooms, great staff, a nice palapa bar and restaurant. No pool and no beach, although you can walk north to the cut in less than five minutes and there is an ok one there. Not too many beaches in AC are great. It is right on the water, though. They have a web site, so you can see if it works for you. We've gone for years, they have rooms from about $75 to $130 per room, not per person. If you are staying any length of time, they will negociate with you. The nice thing about the higher end is you have a full kitchen. The downside, they are ground floor and depending on the season, you might have a bit of a sand flea issue. There are two nice cabinas exactly facing the sea, check on 5B and 6B, top floor, no sand fleas, cheaper, but then, smaller, no kitchen. It is a lovely place. Nothing fancy, just old time Belize, and just a minute walk north of the village.

#68371 - 05/14/03 06:43 PM Re: Hotel
Kra-Z-K Offline
Spindrifts is right in town...clean, FRIENDLY, large rooms with balconies for $45 US per night. I also am going to try the new Pedro's Backpacker's Inn....look it up on the lodging link from this site. $20 per night, room, bed, private bath.

I also recommend Corona Del Mar if you want to be a 10 minute walk out of the busy part of town... right on the beach and $50 US per night, beauriful on the premises, have not stayed there but might next time as well!
KE

#68372 - 05/14/03 07:28 PM Re: Hotel
chrissy1980 Offline
Thank you for your help. Where do you come from and when did you stay in AC?

#68373 - 05/15/03 03:18 AM Re: Hotel
Marie Offline
Hi Chrissy! Not sure who are you asking, Marie or Ke? If Marie, I'm from Ohio (burr!) in the Midwestern part of the States, and go most every year. I was there three weeks, spanning much of February, and part of March. It's a nice time to be there. Enjoy your trip!

#68374 - 05/15/03 04:21 PM Re: Hotel
Kra-Z-K Offline
chrissy1980:

I was in AC April 7-14. I loved it and will return in July! I am from Minnesota (More burr...) and live in Las Vegas, NV.
KE

#68375 - 05/15/03 08:25 PM Re: Hotel
chrissy1980 Offline
Hi does anybody wants to write to me?

#68376 - 05/16/03 04:49 AM Re: Hotel
Marie Offline
Sure, what do you need?

#68377 - 05/16/03 04:59 AM Re: Hotel
dbdoberman Offline
tips on packing maybe? :p

#68378 - 05/16/03 04:24 PM Re: Hotel
chrissy1980 Offline
just write to christina19800724@hotmail.com
I am from Austria and search for frieds from all over the world. :-)

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Spork, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.