Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#68678 - 05/21/03 02:34 PM Questions???
KathyA Offline
This may be a dunb question but how far north can you take the golf carts without them running down? Also, what kind of security deposit do you have to put down to rent jetskis? Thanks!

#68679 - 05/21/03 03:17 PM Re: Questions???
mountain Larry Offline
KathyA, If the golf carts are fully charged you can go as far as the road will allow, as for jetskis, I don't think you can rent them anywhere, I was told that because of the closeness of the reef and the distruction caused by inexperinced boatsman to it, they are not available. Besides AC just isn't that kind of place.

#68680 - 05/21/03 03:30 PM Re: Questions???
River Shark Offline
Kathy,
You can rent gas powered carts that will not run down. They also have enough power to pull a run down electric cart - I know we pulled one about a mile or more on the north side to the ferry. We used the chain/cable locks from each one to hook them up. The gas powered carts are great, just ask around to find who rents the gas carts. I rented ours across froms Lilly's.

You can go as far as Journey's End by road, after that your on the beach - which crosses property that may be somewhat private.

The Shark

#68681 - 05/21/03 04:01 PM Re: Questions???
KathyA Offline
Thanks for your help. I don't care so much for the jetskis but I do hope you can still rent a catamaran. I've really been looking forward to that.

#68682 - 05/21/03 07:35 PM Re: Questions???
mobunny Offline
Hi, we rented our little catamaran from these folks last March.
http://www.sailsports.net/othersail.html

#68683 - 05/21/03 07:42 PM Re: Questions???
mountain Larry Offline
KathyA, River Shark is probably correct about the additional power of the gas carts, but personally I find them a little assultive to the tranquility of the island.

#68684 - 05/21/03 08:21 PM Re: Questions???
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
IMHO, from a noise pollution standpoint, the gas-powered carts are indistinguishable from the mitsubishi vans (taxis), tanker trucks (suppressing street dust), and assorted small pick-up trucks.

from a reliability standpoint, the gas-powered carts are unequalled, as I saw (and picked up) several people huffing it with dead batteries.

gas, yeah baby.................

#68685 - 05/21/03 08:41 PM Re: Questions???
River Shark Offline
If it means the difference between riding or pushing the cart, I'll take the gas over electric any day.

Just ask the family of four that we pulled to the ferry - on that hot/humid day. I don't think they were bothered by the gas motor as we pulled them along. I asked them how far they had come like that and they said it went down on them at Capt. Morgan's -about 2 miles back.

We saw them later that day and they were so grateful for our help. laugh

The Shark

#68686 - 05/21/03 10:01 PM Re: Questions???
mountain Larry Offline
DP, comparing golf carts to vans and pick-up trucks is along the same lines as comparing Roseanne with Cindy Crawford, the similarities are limited. And of course running out of power isn't any fun, however that can usually be avoided by turning in your cart everyday.

#68687 - 05/21/03 11:08 PM Re: Questions???
klcman Offline
Jet skis are available on the island.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,016 Topics
462,196 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.