Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#68807 - 05/22/03 03:04 PM Palms Resort???
BelizeToBeHere Offline
Has anyone stayed here before? What are the facilities like?

#68808 - 05/22/03 05:31 PM Re: Palms Resort???
indygal Offline
There is The Palms (close to the airport right in San Pedro) and there is Royal Palm (south of San Pedro a mile or so). I have stayed at both. They are not resorts, nice but not resorts. Let us know which one, will be glad to give more info.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

#68809 - 05/23/03 10:01 AM Re: Palms Resort???
BelizeToBeHere Offline
Not exactily sure which one it is. This is their website though http://www.belizepalms.com/index.html.
Appreciate any info you can give. thanks

#68810 - 05/23/03 10:06 AM Re: Palms Resort???
Pedro1 Offline
Royal Palms, without any shadow of doubt, is a resort.
The Palms is a condo complex with,what I think,are the nicest appts. in the country,and all have a great sea view.

#68811 - 05/23/03 11:14 AM Re: Palms Resort???
indygal Offline
Belizetobethere, The web site you gave is for The Palms, which is in town and very nice. They have a small pool and it is very well kept. The managers and all who work there were very pleasant and helpful. The first time we came to Belize we stayed at the Palms. You get the lay of the land a little better being in town.
We like the Royal Palm better now that we know our way around. Not that it takes long in San Pedro. The Royal Palm has a large pool and the units are bigger and it is very quiet. Pedro thinks it is a resort, but I have never been to a resort that did not have a Resturant and bar. The Royal Palms has neither. But, from now on when I stay there I will always think of it as a Resort. Thanks Pedro.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

#68812 - 05/23/03 11:41 AM Re: Palms Resort???
Pedro1 Offline
Indygirl - the restaurant and bar is temporarily closed and situated behind reception on the north western corner of the pool-just because it was closed when you were there does not mean that it is not going to open again.

#68813 - 05/23/03 07:20 PM Re: Palms Resort???
indygal Offline
So, lets see, it is a resort because there is a vacant building that use to be and may some day be again, a resturant & bar. What ever, there are plenty of places to eat and drink and I really enjoyed staying at Royal Palm, resort or not.

#68814 - 05/23/03 07:28 PM Re: Palms Resort???
Ernie B Offline
Pedro..... Have another drink ! :p
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#68815 - 05/23/03 07:43 PM Re: Palms Resort???
Pedro1 Offline
thanks Ernie-that means you owe me 20 bzd expensive drink

#68816 - 05/23/03 07:47 PM Re: Palms Resort???
Ernie B Offline
What are you snorting.... I mean drinking ?
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 50 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.