Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#68890 05/25/03 09:37 AM
O
OP Offline
O
Well back from trip #4:

Did not do much except visit the Loins Clinic on a daily basis, for eight days. I have the utmost respect and trust in the doctors(Teresa Damera and Michael Allison) at the clinic, they did the best to treat my Pneumonia,ear infection and tonsilitis. So I have no fear in traveling to San Pedro and getting sick.

I stayed at Banana Beach and met alot of new folks from the board. I wish I could enjoyed hanging out with Andrea and her crew a little more, but things happen. Maybe next year.Becky(it was great),Daylon,Gela,Mr and Mrs d6pack, Mr and Mrs Rivershark, Chucklebutt and crew-whomever else I missed.

I would just like to take the time and thank everyone that was there and help me through my illness. My number one nursemaid, Islenutt and her help Texasbug.Monte and Scott, for filling me in on the evening befores event. The staff at Bananas-Monkey Business-El Divino for calling cabs,doctors and checking to make sure I was okay.Pedro1 for his wit,charm and sarcasm that help to turn a bad situation good.Charlie, for teaching me that all dogs are not bad.The rest of the English crew-Chris,Grant and Peter, Lorie, the girls from New Jersey-especially Bilesse,Mary and Olympia,Portofino-Jan and Barefoot-Tim.

Chatters, thanks for the birthday presents and well wishes.

So to make what could be a long story short- I actually enjoyed my whole vacation. I guess just being there does it for me, whether being sick or not.

pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/73808768pvXwJX

Jackie

I am sorry you were sick during your holiday. You didn't look very sick, you looked wonderful in all the shots. Thanks for sharing these great pictures, and thanks for using my website for a link. Best-Wishes, mel

Mel Sinderman
So sorry you were ill, but thankfully you had some help in your recouperation. Belize is a healing factor too.

Good pics, thanks for sharing. smile

I hope the Birthday was a good one, we all were there with you in heart.
smile

O
OP Offline
O
Well MelS,
Thanks for saying I did not look sick,but looks are deceiving. If you would notice the pictures, there are only 4 days of them out of a 19 day vacation.

Thanks NYGal,
I know that you were all there with me, in heart.

Jackie

Hi O Jackie: You look better sick, than lots of us, who are well!!! I am very glad to hear of good treatment at the Lion's Clinic. I will pass along your compliments to my fellow Lions and the Lions Clinic. Take care: Bill PS. I really enjoyed your photos. If I were a little more with it, I'd climb aboard the Digital "bandwagon".

Gone fishing!!
O
OP Offline
O
I have to thank Angie, for putting those on a CD for me, cuz I am not on that bandwagon either, I would have been lost, if she did not do that for me.
Yes, please tell the doctors thanks again and that according to my doctor here they did a fantastic job with treatment and medication.

P.S.- I am sending a letter to the Sun-about my Lions Clinin adventure- they do have a letters to the editor section dont they.

Jackie

B
B
Sorry to hear you were sick on vacation, at least you lived to tell the tale? smile

Great pics; Tom Waits Jersey Girl comes to mind in a couple pics wink

A couple questions for you:

Where did you do your birthday dinner? Looks like a nice place.

Who is the Main Man? & what's he holding? No not THAT hand, the other one w/ the banjo looking thing! wink That isn't Barefoot Skinny is it? Somehow I pictured him as younger ...

& you're in Cleveland? I'm an expat from NE OH myself (Bainbridge, Medina, Akron...). Was just up that way a month ago for a quick weekend; wished I could have stayed longer. Go Brownies & Go Tribe!

laugh <== note he has Chief Wahoo's smile

Damn, Jackie...seems to me on 50% of your trips to AC you are sick! Hope you're feeling better!
When you get time, send me an email with all the details of your trip...no rush.
Hope you had a good b-day despite being sick...we were there in spirit!
We're still shooting for a return trip next year(timing is still TBD)...this time with the whole family (and Doug, of course!)AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

O
OP Offline
O
Hello Beach Bob,
So glad that I lived to tell the tale. Thanks to the Dr.Damaras at the Loins Clinic and all my concerned helpers, mentioned above.

Dont understand the New Jersy comment.

I had my birthday dinner at El Divino, located at Banana Beach Resort.It is a beautiful place and the food is excellent.

Main Man= Piasano,yes he is holding a banjo, I dont think it had strings though. No that is not Barefoot Skinny, he has the purple shirt on in the cat x photo.

Wish I was an ex-pat from Ohio, sorry about your luck of having to come here. Oh, dont like the Browns or the Indians.

Pirate,
Those are ALL the details of my trip. Maybe a few more here and there,like a terrific party and many a meal at El Divino ,excellent dinner at Portofino, an great bbq at BC's,a nasty lunch at "IT" and lots of chicken flavored ramon noodles.Getting chased by a mutt,Jimmy Buffet searching, visiting Essene Way, those are pretty much my only memories.

nice pix anyway kiddo - who's the blue bikini babe wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.