Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#69273 - 05/29/03 03:11 PM honeymoon help, please
palmtreegal Offline
My fiance' and I are interested in AC for our upcoming honeymoon in October 2003. Victoria House was recommended to me but I want to get referrals from all of you who have stayed there and at other places. We have in mind a place that allows us to be laid back and quiet when we like but also provides us help in scheduling tours of the ruins, cave tubing, and snorkeling....and something that also allows us to dine at so many local restaurants.

Please recommend some of the best "honeymoon" lodging and particular rooms...anything from moderate to not-so-moderate pricing, pros and cons. I appreciate your assistance and look forward to seeing AC in October!!

#69274 - 05/29/03 03:42 PM Re: honeymoon help, please
pfarrell Offline
My wife and I stayed at VH last year and had a great time. We stayed in a casita. Would probably choose a plantation room for next stay. (Casita's are hard to cool with AC because the roof is made of palm fronds and it does get HOT in Belize).

We were also able to peek into the honeymoon suite which was VERY nice.

VH helped us plan our stay nicely. No big deal to get into town to eat (nightly shuttle or taxi for $2.50 us dollars). The food at VH is outstanding but there are so many other places to explore for dining (read the board) that I wouldn't want to just stay there.

VH is a georgous spot and very tranquil. If you're looking to kick back and relax, this place is great. Nice to also have San Pedro just a few minutes away if you crave some nightlife or a change of pace.

#69275 - 05/29/03 04:01 PM Re: honeymoon help, please
Chloe Offline
Victoria House sure mets all your requirements.

You can not go wrong booking with VH, they can arrange any trip/tour or whatever to please.

Can't recall one negative report or comment on VH.

Congrats to you.
Dare To Deviate

#69276 - 05/29/03 09:02 PM Re: honeymoon help, please
Sandy C Offline
Also recommend you look at Caribbean Villas. Only 10 suites/rooms on 3 acres of land with wooded bird sanctuary, gardens, hammocks, large beach, long pier with swimming and snorkeling area and great, long-term staff. All suites and rooms are oceanfront with full sea and reef views. CV will recommend guides and tours for you and book your choices. CV does not accept commissions from guides or tour companies, so you get objective recommendations and bookings and in some cases, cheaper prices. CV is very quiet and is within easy walking distance on the beach of town and many restaurants. Ask for discount from published prices if you book directly. Suites 1 and 4 are great for honeymooners. VH is also a very good choice. Happy honeymoon and marriage!

#69277 - 06/05/03 11:58 AM Re: honeymoon help, please
Abelizer Offline
We had our honeymoon last Oct. and stayed at Ramones. It was wonderful!!!

#69278 - 06/05/03 12:36 PM Re: honeymoon help, please
Pedro1 Offline
If any of the three suites are available at Portofino-I would grab one in a heartbeat-the honeymoon suite is fabulous but it is normally booked(for obvious reasons).
Downside it is relatively secluded by being 6 miles north but most honeymooners want a little seclusion.

#69279 - 06/05/03 06:20 PM Re: honeymoon help, please
diveron Offline
You can't go wrong at VH

#69280 - 06/06/03 08:37 AM Re: honeymoon help, please
GailM Offline
Be sure to contact VH and find out when (and if) they will close for their annual touch up.

#69281 - 06/06/03 11:02 AM Re: honeymoon help, please
VH announced at the last BTIA meeting that they will be closed in October.
Would love to have you visit Caribe Island!!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Still a Bronco fan, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,188 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.