Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69384 06/02/03 10:39 AM
J
JohnF Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We want to bring family of five to Ambergris during week following Christmas. I have been many times to dive with my oldest son. My wife and two younger daughters (ages 12 and 14) will be getting certified this summer. Because my wife and girls have not scuba dived they are leery about devoting a whole week to it. Wondering if folks have suggestions on other activities--should we spend a few days at some other place in Belize taking in the rainforest/caves/ruins/waterfalls? Thanks for any advice!

#69385 06/02/03 01:04 PM
M
M
Best to split your tirp between the beach and one of the riverside jungle lodges in the Cayo district for ruins, waterfalls and caves or one of the lodges in the Mtn Pine Ridge (also in the Cayo district), but in the heart of the waterfall region.

If waterfalls really appeal to you, you might want to take a look at Hidden Valley Inn in the MPR on 7200 private acres with 7 waterfalls on the property-one of which you can "rent" for your own use for the day if you wish.

Maya Travel Services
#69386 06/02/03 01:07 PM
Just my thought, but one week is too short to split your trip with a family, on Ambergris and the Mainland.

Plenty of things for the non divers to do daily on Ambergris. Snorkeling would be great for them.

Dare To Deviate
#69387 06/02/03 04:03 PM
As I understand it, your whole family will be certified this summer. May I assume that they will not have been diving in the ocean before they go to Ambergris Caye?

I'm going to assume that your entire family will enjoy the certification process and will enjoy taking up diving. As long as they are doing it for themselves and not just to please you and your son. All that said and if all that is indeed the case, I don't think you will have any trouble keeping them happy to dive most of the holiday. As long as they are warm enough in the water and on the dive boat, they will be very happy and you may find that they didn't think a week was enough time.

Please be sure that everyone gets in a refresher dive shortly before you leave for San Pedro.

Other than that, I side with Chloe. Don't split up your holiday. You only have a week. You can find lots to do even without diving.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#69388 06/02/03 05:13 PM
I would suggest doing the cave tubing trip to the mainland with Seaduced. Its just a one day trip and ITS FANTASTIC! You leave by boat in the a.m. and travel up the river to the mainland, take a van into the countryside to a really nice resort (Jaguar Paw), eat lunch, and then off to the cave for a great, cool adventure. You then go on to the wonderful Belize Zoo. YOu get back home to the island by sundown! Plus, the caves are so beautiful and the short hike through the jungle is like being on another planet compared to the island. Best of both worlds at your doorstep in BELIZE.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.