Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69407 - 06/03/03 06:06 AM About Ambergris Caye for a Lg. group
MikeUrban Offline
I am going to AC for first time July 25 - Aug 3. My family of 6 will also be joined by an important client's family of 3. I need a nice high end place to stay. Would I be better in one of the resorts or a private house. Also if we stay on the North side and party late into the eve in SP will we get stranded? Could also use some help on who to contact for resverations since my time is running short. Have the plane tickets for all 9 of us but that's it. Do I need to reserve seats from Belize City to AC?

#69408 - 06/03/03 08:30 AM Re: About Ambergris Caye for a Lg. group
seashell Offline
Check out the guest house with the private pool at Victoria House. It has a *huge* kitchen and entertainment area, an incredible master bedroom (upper level), a couple of baths and I think another bedroom in the main part of the house. On the upper level, attached are 3 or 4 LARGE bedrooms with private baths, on a common deck. These bedrooms can all access the main part of the house but have private lockable entrances. If that is too much closeness for you, there are other rooms and accommodation styles at the resort.

http://ambergriscaye.com/victoriahouse/index.html

For some reason the website doesn't seem to show the 'private guest house' that I am talking about, so you would need to ask about it.

Some more of the advantages to this place (VH private guest house), is that it comes with its own separate (and decent sized) pool and is at the far end of the resort grounds, however, you have easy access to this beautiful resort as a whole.

I found this to be the most distinct and attractive property that I have seen on AC. Granted I have not seen them all, but I most certainly have seen and/or toured through most of them.

Victoria House is accessible to San Pedro Town, as it is on the southside. You can golfcart it, or taxi into town with no problem at all, all hours.

The grounds are beautiful.

The only caution that I would throw your way, is make sure that the extremely upscale home that is being built next to the Victoria House 'house', is finished (there was also another unit house being built behind the 'house' on the Victoria grounds). You'd want to be assured that the construction is complete so as not to be disturbed by any building noise. (both of these places looked near completion when I was there end of Feb.)

Another option is Banyan Bay, very nice resort with two bedroom units, also on the south side.
http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/lodge/banyan.html

And the Belize Yacht Club is a third option. It has some lovely suites and is much closer to town, walkable actually. I've done the walk many times, most often in the day, but it can be done in the evening too, in a pinch. http://www.belizeyachtclub.com/

By the way, in case you are wondering, I'm not a travel agent, just a lover of AC and environs.

#69409 - 06/03/03 08:43 AM Re: About Ambergris Caye for a Lg. group
seashell Offline
You definitely should make reservations for the plane from Belize City to San Pedro. On Tropic Air here: http://ambergriscaye.com/tropicair/index.html or Maya Air here: http://ambergriscaye.com/islandair/index.html

#69410 - 06/03/03 09:59 AM Re: About Ambergris Caye for a Lg. group
humpback Offline
You might also give a look at casa tortuga. I am returning there with a party of 10. It is a 5 bedroom private house, south side of the island, with pool and staff including an awesome cook.
Web page is casatortuga.com.

#69411 - 06/03/03 11:27 AM Re: About Ambergris Caye for a Lg. group
hunter Offline
www.kanantik.com

Truly exceptional.

#69412 - 06/03/03 11:40 AM Re: About Ambergris Caye for a Lg. group
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
why not rent Cayo Espanto?

#69413 - 06/03/03 12:28 PM Re: About Ambergris Caye for a Lg. group
toad Offline
there was a tiger out there once

#69414 - 06/03/03 04:50 PM Re: About Ambergris Caye for a Lg. group
GailM Offline
To your question on staying north and getting stranded late at night, it is a good possibility unless you have your own boat or you contract with someone willing to make a special trip for you.
To add to Seashell's good advice (although I am not crazy about the Yacht Club), Caye Management also manages several private homes and villas and if you are in the market for condotel type accommodations, Banana Beach or Caribe Island Resort are good choices. Next on my list would be Ramon's or the Palms for close proximity to town.
Guess you need to weigh whether you want amenities such as restaurant, dive/tour shop, proximity to nightlife, kitchen, etc to determine whether hotel or private home will suit your group best.

#69415 - 06/03/03 04:59 PM Re: About Ambergris Caye for a Lg. group
Miss Anthropy Offline
I concur with Seashell about Victoria House being a wonderful choice for the type of need you have. It can be as private as you want, but you'll also have staff to assist with everything as well. Its a lovely place.

#69416 - 06/03/03 06:46 PM Re: About Ambergris Caye for a Lg. group
seashell Offline
I believe that Toad and Dogmatic in their own idiomatic way are trying to tell Mike that Tiger Woods once stayed at Caye Espanto.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Chica Blanca, JED, ScubaLdy), 36 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,193 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.