Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#69593 06/08/03 02:06 PM
K
KathyA Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Returned home last night from AC with my group of 10 staying at Casa Tortuga. UnBelizeable!!! We loved the island and all we could talk about is when we can return. Bought JJWalker's CD. Met Jet at the airport. Met Vicki from CIR. She heard us talking and came over to visit. We were at Fido's. Loved Carlos and Alphonse. Great guides. Met many beautiful people who truly love their island. It amazed us that when we asked them if they had ever been to the US or had any desire to visit or live there they responded that they were quite happy where they were and had may opportunities to go to the US but stayed put. It was a great experience and I hope to go back next year

#69594 06/08/03 02:10 PM
K
KathyA Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Also, looked for Robert and Loie at BC's but heard they were on a second honeymoon on a sailboat. Sorry I missed them. There's always next time.

#69595 06/08/03 04:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi Kathy,
It was nice to meet you. Sorry we didn't have more time.... but next trip!!!!!!!
Keep in touch!
Cheerz,
Vicki

#69596 06/08/03 04:34 PM
B
B
sounds like you had a great time. BTW, how was the weather while you were there??

#69597 06/08/03 05:42 PM
K
KathyA Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Booface, most days started out hazy ut it burned off by noon. 3 out of 7 days were incredible from beginning to end.

#69598 06/09/03 11:57 AM
H
H
Kathy,
We are headed back to Casa Tortuga in 2 weeks for our second stay there. We loved it - isn't Maria's cooking awesome. Your post made my mouth start watering - guess it's time to pack the scuba gear tonight !!!

#69599 06/09/03 12:29 PM
K
KathyA Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Humpback, do you know if Peggy rents just the top portion of the villa or do you have to rent the whole house? We rented the whole house and it was just too may personalities...10 FEMALES. I arranged the trip from beginning to end. Several FOUND things to complain about. Can you imagine complaing about anything at CT? The place is fabulous.

#69600 06/09/03 12:38 PM
H
H
Kathy,
I think during the low and mid season's she does rent the upper half. I can't imagine what there is to complain about - we loved the place. That is one of the reasons we are returning. Our group is all couples - so maybe ten females and having to share rooms?

#69601 06/09/03 06:23 PM
KathyA,

I can sympathize with you (I planned a vacation with 5 women at Casa Tortuga also and personalities clashed). Sometimes its just not worth playing tour director cause you're not gonna please everyone. Sounds like you did not let this spoil your vacation and hopefully you could just concentrate on those that were having a good time as well. From my own experience and from those that did not like AC from this board -they seem to have one thing in common; they just cannot seem to relax and go with the flow, so they nitpick everything. But enough of the negative, I'm glad you had a good time. How was the pool - its looks great. I also agree that Maria is a wonderful cook. What tours did you do. Its been two years and I finally finally booked for Aug. 21-27 and cannot wait only this time I'll be traveling alone.

#69602 06/09/03 08:29 PM
K
KathyA Offline OP
OP Offline
K
SanHam, it's so nice to hear from you. You were one of the first to give me a positive review of CT. OMG, where do I begin? Everybody was extremely positive until the last couple of months. The little beasties reared their ugly heads when the major portion of money came due. First of all, the owner was nice enough to amend her normal payment arrangements to accomodate our school teacher budgets. There were 3 equal payments. I was the group leader and collected all $$$. After each payment I sent each person a receipt with amt. pd. and amt. owed. When the last payment came due people wanted to argue that they were already pd. up. I had reciepts. Next, I had gone thru Group Works at Continental for our tickets. Got a group rate of $436.90 RT. They complained about that. They complained that $100 pp for the entire week was too much money for food. $100 for 3 meals a day, drinks, appetizers, and deserts for 7 days. Then, when we got there, people compained about the rooms. I had done ALL the planning and had paid the same amt. as all the others but had said from the beginning that the only perk I wanted was the master bedroom. Well when we got there 2 of the girls in a downstairs bedrrom told me that I was going to have to switch with them. These same 2 came on at the last minute and had done nothing to get us there. Their rationale was that they had dug deep into their husbands' wallets to get to go on this trip. I informed them that was a shame, and to think all I had to do was get up out of the bed and actually go to work. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Never again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.